Do you have friends over to watch the Academy Awards? It’s time to channel your inner Wolfgang Puck and create a spread full of small bites to assuage any hunger pangs. Tiny desserts like these Mini S’mores Tarts are the perfect choice for an easy, irresistible sweet nibble on your party buffet.
Mini S’mores Tarts
These little gems are super simple to prepare but sure look fancy. Using mini fillo tarts make short time of preparation. They’re already baked and just need to be filled. I melted together some chocolate, cream and butter to make a simple ganache. A few mini marshmallows and a shard of graham cracker created the s’more trilogy.
Adaptable Mini Dessert Tarts
I also had a jar of lemon curd and some berries in my fridge. The citrus version was a lovely option for those who aren’t chocolate fans (gasp). As much as we love chocolate at our house, I still make sure to have an alternate flavor. Lemon works perfectly. Both versions of mini tarts were a hit with my family!
A Few More Fancy Appetizers for Your Next Bash!
Mini desserts are perfect for so many occasions – brunches, picnics, pitch ins at work or cocktail parties! Add my raspberry topped mini cheesecakes to your baking list, too, as they’d be marvelous paired with these s’mores tarts.
- Easy Caprese Puff Pastry Bites by The Weekend Gourmet
- Ham and Mustard Spirals by Food Lust People Love
- Homemade Mozzarella Cheese Sticks by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Baba Ganoush by The Crumby Cupcake
- Baked Fruit and Nut Camembert by Sunday Supper Movement
- Lime Shrimp Cups by Our Good Life
- Mini Crab Cakes by My Savory Spoon
Mini S’mores Tarts
Mini desserts suitable for any gathering! And super easy to make!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 4 mins
- Total Time: 24 minutes
- Yield: 15 mini tarts 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Melting, Mixing
- Cuisine: American
- 1 box frozen mini fillo shells (I used Athen’s brand, 1.9 ounce box)
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Mini marshmallows
- Graham crackers, cut into shards
- Remove fillo shells from the freezer and place on a baking sheet.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate, cream and butter. Gently melt in microwave using 30 second increments, stopping to stir frequently, until chocolate mixture is smooth.
- Divide chocolate ganache between tart shells. Top each with about 4 mini marshmallows.
- Turn on broiler and place tarts in oven. Watch carefully until marshmallows are lightly browned. Remove quickly so they don’t burn. Insert a graham cracker shard into the center of the tart.
For another option, fill tart shells with lemon curd and top with a fresh, ripe berry.