These Mini Oreo Cheesecakes are an easy, yummy way to provide everyone with their own personal dessert! Oreo lovers will go nuts for these mini desserts!
Mini Oreo Cheesecakes
I needed a little amuse-bouche for my friends who were coming over to learn the basics of baking cheesecakes. These mini Oreo cheesecakes came together quickly, especially when you use an Oreo instead of a cookie crumb crust. I made some of both versions.
My taste testers were split on which they preferred as I made some with the Oreo as a crust and some with cookie crumbs as the crust. The Oreo fans liked the cookies and cream combo and the cookie crust fans enjoyed the more prevalent chocolate taste from the ground cookies. You can’t go wrong with either version.
If you’d like a more traditional cheesecake recipe, these Mini Vanilla Bean Cheesecakes are phenomenal!
Mini Cheesecake Recipe
Whether you make this mini cheesecake recipe for after school snacks, a dessert buffet, or a gift for friends or neighbors, they are definitely a tasty treat. Who doesn’t love having their own personal dessert? Plus, they’re small enough that you can go back for seconds.
If you’re in a hurry, using a whole Oreo as the crust instead of mixing up chocolate cookie crumbs and butter and pressing them into a muffin tin is a super easy alternative. My husband loves any excuse I have to keep Oreos in the house!
- 12 Nabisco Famous Wafers, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 12 whole Oreos
- 6 Oreo cookies, chopped
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
For optional drizzle::
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Line standard muffin tin with foil baking cups or grease well with Baker's Joy or other flour/oil non-stick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 325º.
- Mix cookie crumbs, melted butter and 1 tablespoon of sugar in small bowl. Put 1 tablespoon of crumbs in each muffin cup, pressing down with fingers, spoon or tamper to compress. Alternatively, you can use a whole Oreo for each crust.
- Mix together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla till smooth. Mix in eggs, one at a time, just until blended. Spoon into prepared cups. Sprinkle with chopped Oreos.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or till set. Cool.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening together in microwave. Drizzle over cheesecakes. I use a quart ziplock bag with a corner clipped off for drizzling.
Recipe from my friend, Erica
Serving Size:1 cheesecake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 337Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 229mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 4g