These Mini Oreo Cheesecakes are an easy, yummy way to provide everyone with their own personal dessert! Oreo lovers will go nuts for this mini cheesecake recipe!
Oreos are a staple in our pantry. Double Stuf to be specific. Using a regular Oreo for the crust makes these Individual Cheesecakes a breeze to make!
Mini Oreo Cheesecake Recipe
I needed a little amuse-bouche for my friends who were coming over to learn the basics of baking cheesecakes. These mini Oreo cheesecakes came together quickly, especially when you use an Oreo instead of a cookie crumb crust. I’ve made both varieties, but an Oreo base is fabulous when you’re short of time.
Back in the 70s, I remember my mom making individual cheesecakes with a vanilla wafer for the base, vanilla cheesecake, and canned cherry or blueberry pie filling to garnish. We inhaled them!!
My taste testers were split on which they preferred as I made some with the Oreo as a crust and some with cookie crumbs as the crust. The Oreo fans liked the cookies and cream combo and the cookie crust fans enjoyed the more prevalent chocolate taste from the ground cookies. You can’t go wrong with either version.
If you’d like a more traditional cheesecake recipe, these Mini Vanilla Bean Cheesecakes are phenomenal!
Tips for Making Mini Cheesecakes
- PRO-Tip: Have your eggs and cream cheese at room temperature for the smoothest filling. You can hurry this process along if you don’t get them out early, by placing the eggs and the foil-wrapped cream cheese in a bowl of hot, not boiling water. I recommend taking these ingredients out of the refrigerator 1-2 hours before you start mixing.
- If you use a stand mixer, use the paddle attachment as this will keep the batter nice and dense.
- Use muffin liners for easy cleanup. Feel free to serve these mini cheesecakes placed in a second liner for a fancier presentation or even some pretty ramekins.
- These individual cheesecakes bake up with a slight dip in the centers. It’s the perfect spot to place 2-3 mini Oreos or some chopped full-sized Oreos for garnish.
- PRO-Tip: As with all cheesecakes, these taste better after refrigerating overnight.
- To serve, let them sit at room temperature for about an hour first. This will intensify their creaminess compared to serving them cold.
Whether you make this mini cheesecake recipe for after school snacks, a dessert buffet, or a gift for friends or neighbors, they are definitely a tasty treat. Who doesn’t love having their own personal dessert? Plus, they’re small enough that you can go back for seconds.
If you’re in a hurry, using a whole Oreo as the crust instead of mixing up chocolate cookie crumbs and butter and pressing them into a muffin tin is a super easy alternative. My husband loves any excuse I have to keep Oreos in the house!
More Oreo Desserts You’ll Love:
- Oreo Earthquake Cake from I Am Baker
- No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Oreo Cheesecake with Oreo Cookie Crust
- Cookies and Cream Fudge
- Easy Oreo Truffles
- Double Decker Oreo Fudge
- Oreo Cheesecake Brownies
- More Homemade Chocolate Recipes
This recipe was first shared in November 2011. Photos and text were updated in 2020.
- 12 Nabisco Famous Wafers, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 12 whole Oreos
- 6 Oreo cookies, chopped
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
For optional drizzle::
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Line standard muffin tin with foil baking cups or grease well with Baker's Joy or other flour/oil non-stick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 325º.
- Mix cookie crumbs, melted butter and 1 tablespoon of sugar in small bowl. Put 1 tablespoon of crumbs in each muffin cup, pressing down with fingers, spoon or tamper to compress. Alternatively, you can use a whole Oreo for each crust.
- Mix together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla till smooth. Mix in eggs, one at a time, just until blended. Spoon into prepared cups. Sprinkle with chopped Oreos.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or till set. Cool.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening together in microwave. Drizzle over cheesecakes. I use a quart ziplock bag with a corner clipped off for drizzling.
Recipe from my friend, Erica
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 cheesecake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 337Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 229mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 4g