It had been at least a decade since I baked up some Pecan Tassies, so I turned to a new recipe and was dazzled by these glorious mini pecan pies.
If you’re anything like me, you may need portion control around a pecan pie, so this Mini Pecan Pie Recipe is perfect for the holidays.
Pecan pies and tassies do not appear on our menu very often. Nuts are ingredient non grata around here. I’m the only real fan, though the boys will begrudgingly eat them in cookies.
What is a Pecan Tassie?
These pecan tassies are basically mini pecan pies baked in a mini muffin tin with a cream cheese pastry crust. But there is one surprise ingredient. And I think that’s why I liked this recipe even better than my previous favorite.
Tips for Making These Mini Pecan Pies
At my house, dates get the same bad rap as nuts. Since I was making these gems for company, I wasn’t phased a bit. The addition of dates adds a richness, a chewiness, and a fabulous nuance that doesn’t scream “dried fruit.” So I kept the recipe hush hush until my guests had a taste. It was after their glowing reviews that I revealed the unexpected twist.
- I use a tassie tamper (Amazon link below if you’d like to see what one looks like) to help shape the dough into a cup shape in the muffin tin. You can also use your thumb to push the dough into the tin.
- A non-stick mini muffin tin helps make for easier release after the tassies are baked.
- I like adding a pecan half to the top of each of these tassies for aesthetic reasons along with giving a hint to the contents of the filling. It makes these pecan tassies look like they came from a bakery!
- This crust is also great for making any other mini-tarts or tassies you’d like. Try apple, lemon or even cheesecake filling!
Can You Freeze Tassies?
Pecan tassies can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for at least 3-4 days. You can also freeze tassies for up to 3 months.
You Might Like These to Make Pecan Tassies:
- USA Pan Bakeware Mini Muffin Pan, 24 Well, Nonstick
- Wooden Tart Tamper – I use this to make mini desserts like cheesecakes where the graham cracker crust is tapped into the bottom of a mini muffin tin
- Wusthof Classic 6-inch Wave Knife – one of my top 2 favorite knives
Plus, if you’re a fan of mini desserts, these Individual Vanilla Bean Cheesecakes are scrumptious!
More Thanksgiving Recipes You’ll Love:
- Best Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes
- Best Holiday Pies
- 25 Thanksgiving Recipes
- Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
- Ciabatta Stuffing
- Pecan Pie Thumbprint Cookies
- Sweet Corn Casserole
- Cranberry Orange Walnut Bread
- Dry Brined Turkey
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Overnight Fruit Salad
- Spinach Souffle
- Ambrosia Salad
- Cranberry Fluff
- More Holiday Recipes
- More Pie Recipes
Mini Pecan Pie Recipe Ingredients:
This easy Pecan Pie Recipe uses mostly ingredients you’ll find in your fridge or pantry. Just pick up some dates, cream cheese, and pecans and you’re set!
- cream cheese
- chopped pecans
- chopped dates
- pecan halves, optional
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), at room temperature
- 6 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 48 half pecans, optional
- Powdered sugar to garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Blend together the pastry ingredients in a food processor. Chill while making the filling.
- Cream the butter and sugar together for the filling. Add the egg and vanilla. Finally mix in the pecans and dates.
- Roll the chilled pastry into small balls and add to two lightly greased mini muffin tin. Press down with your thumb and then press dough so it comes up the sides of the tin. Alternatively, use a wooden tamper to form the shells.
- Fill each unbaked pastry shell with the pecan date mixture.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, adding a half pecan about halfway through baking time.
- Cool tarts before removing from the tray. Dust with powdered sugar to garnish, if desired.
Serving Size:2 tassies
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 272 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 35mg Sodium: 87mg Carbohydrates: 28g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 18g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g