A pie or two is a given at our house on Thanksgiving, but we also love indulging throughout the year. I’ve selected The Best Holiday Pies to come out of my kitchen, suitable for any celebration!
Whether you’re looking for Thanksgiving Recipes or Christmas Recipes, pies are a wonderful way to cap off a holiday meal!
Best Holiday Pies
Chocolate is always requested when it comes to dessert for family gatherings. So it’s probably no surprise that a number of our favorite holiday pies are laden with chocolate.
I’m the lone family member who swoons after a bite or two of coconut cream or pecan pie, but I can only rotate those into the mix every few years. Double crusted fruit pies are crowd pleasers, too, whether apple, raspberry or blueberry.
I love searching for new inspiration each year, like this post on Favorite Thanksgiving Pies! What’s your favorite pie?
Two More Favorite Holiday Pie Recipes:
Since it’s only days until Thanksgiving, it would be remiss of me not to share my favorite Pumpkin Pie. It’s basically the recipe on the back of the Libby’s pumpkin can, but with an extra egg and heavy cream used in place of evaporated milk. It wouldn’t be Thanksgiving without a slice of this gem topped with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream. Plus for another taste of the tropics, I adore a good Key Lime Pie!
More Pie Recipes You’ll Love:
Any of these amazing pies would be great Thanksgiving Recipes and Christmas Recipes, or anytime you’re craving a yummy pie!
- Holiday Pie Recipes from Saving Room for Dessert
- Chocolate Cream Pie with Graham Cracker Crust
- Perfect Pie Crust from I Wash You Dry
- Grasshopper Pie
- 8 Must Bake Pie Recipes for Your Holidays from Bless This Mess
- Mile High Lemon Meringue Pie
- Apple Crisp Pie from Inside BruCrewLife
Pie Making Essentials:
- Rose Levy Beranbaum’s Rose’s Perfect Pie Plate with Recipe Booklet (SO pretty on the table!)
- KitchenAid 11-Cup Food Processor (quickest way to make pie crusts)
- Slipat Non-Stick Silicone Commercial Size Baking Mat (I roll out my pie crusts on this mat)
- French Rolling Pin
Does your family expect a pie on Thanksgiving? What desserts are a tradition at your house???