A dreamy cloud of chocolate filling nestled in a graham cracker crust make this Chocolate Cream Pie an unforgettable dessert!
Made from scratch with my Cool Whip substitution, this Easy Chocolate Pie Recipe is suitable for any occasion, from a dinner party to a casual summer gathering.
Chocolate Cream Pie
We had company over for dinner one weekend last month, and that always calls for a special dessert. Chocolate seems to be universally loved so I filled a graham cracker crust with a no-bake filling of cream cheese, powdered sugar, semi-sweet chocolate and cream. Feel free to mix in 8 ounces of Cool Whip or my preferred substitute, which is just more cream cheese, powdered sugar and whipped cream. Serve to your favorite chocoholics and brace yourself for rave reviews!
Two Sweetie Pies
Thanks again to my lovely friend, Danielle, for another magnificent recipe! She is my go-to blogger for decadent treats. I promise you will love whatever you try from her blog!!! We share a recipe from each other’s sites every second Monday of the month.
Check out Danielle’s take on this dreamy pie as well as her social media sites! Make sure to check out which of my recipes she made this month, too.
Tips for Making This Easy Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe:
- PRO-Tip: Chill this chocolate pie for 4 hours or more to allow it to firm up for easier slicing.
- Buy or make chocolate curls to garnish. My method can be found on this post for Triple Chocolate Cheesecake.
- I used this The Pampered Chef Easy Accent® Decorator to make my whipped cream stars. Makes piping a no-brainer and turns a homey recipe into a masterpiece!
- I try not to ever use Cool Whip as all the artificial ingredients give me a headache. Instead, use the Homemade Cool Whip Recipe which is listed in the recipe. Of course, if you love Cool Whip, it’s a super easy substitute.
More Pie Recipes You’ll Love:
- Irish Chocolate Pie with Oatmeal Crust from Boulder Locavore
- S’mores Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Coconut Crusted Chocolate Ganache Pie
- Chocolate Pie from Big Bear’s Wife
- Triple Chocolate Layer Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Salted Caramel Pecan Pie from Crazy for Crust
- Homemade Baker’s Square French Silk Pie from Amanda’s Cookin’
- More of the Best Pie Recipes
Chocolate Cream Pie with a Graham Cracker Crust
A dreamy chocolate filling nestled in a graham cracker crust. Recipe adapted from Chocolate, Chocolate and more via Hugs & Cookies.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Total Time: 38 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert, Pie
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1 ready made graham cracker crust (or homemade version with 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs, 1 tablespoon sugar and 6 tablespoons melted butter. Mix and pat in pie plate. Bake at 350º for 8 minutes and cool before filling)
- 8 ounces soft cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounce container of Cool Whip or use my substitute below.
Cool Whip Substitute (beat cream cheese with sugar and vanilla, then fold in whipped cream):
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- If needed, prebake pie shell according to package directions.
- Melt chocolate and cream in the microwave gently and stir until smooth.
- In mixer, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar. Add chocolate ganache and beat gently until combined. On low, beat in Cool Whip or homemade substitute.
- Pour filling into crust.
- Chill 4 hours. Top with whipped cream and chocolate curls and serve!