An easy, peasy Coconut Crusted Chocolate Ganache Pie with only 4 ingredients!! So luscious and perfect for the coconut fans in your life.
A 5 Ingredient or Less Challenge
This week’s Sunday Supper challenge was to create a dish using 5 ingredients or less. We had a similar theme a couple years ago when I shared a flank steak marinade composed of red wine, orange juice and soy sauce.
But I couldn’t go savory again. I just couldn’t. It had to be sweet and decadent. After mulling over easy fudge recipes, I couldn’t pass up this coconut crusted chocolate ganache pie inspired by Martha Stewart.
Coconut Crusted Chocolate Ganache Pie
The toughest part of this recipe was making a nice fluffy rim with the coconut crust. But that was a heck of a lot simpler than rolling out a pastry crust!
The filling entailed pouring hot cream over chopped chocolate and stirring. Easy peasy. The whole pie went together in a snap. And boy was it a hit!
The sweet and chewy crust was filled with creamy, melt in your mouth chocolate ganache. Coconut lovers will swoon! Who wouldn’t love a macaroon crust? And you are all in for an even bigger treat today.
My Sunday Supper friends have all shared a 5 ingredient or less recipes. Are you always pinched for time? Annoyed by recipes that require an endless shopping list? Well, me, too! Be sure to scroll through all the inspiration here today. And thanks to my friend, Alice, of Hip Foodie Mom, for hosting us.Print
Coconut Crusted Chocolate Ganache Pie
An easy coconut and chocolate pie with only 4 ingredients!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert, Pie
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
For the crust:
- 4 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 11 ounces (about 6 cups) sweetened shredded coconut
For the filling:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate , finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a food processor, blend butter and one-third of coconut until mixture makes a mass, 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and mix with the rest of the coconut.
- Press coconut mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate, leaving top edges less compressed and fluffy. Arrange foil over the rim of crust to prevent burning. Bake until the middle begins to brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake until edges are browned, 4 to 5 minutes more. Remove to rack to cool completely.
- Gently melt chocolate and cream in the microwave, stopping and stirring at 30-second increments till melted and smooth. Pour into coconut crust. Refrigerate until filling is set, at least one hour.
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart.
Total time does not include cooling and chilling times.
- Chicken and Spring Greens Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Tuna, Burrata and Black Olive Salad from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Salmon and Cucumber “Noodle” Salad from girlichef
- Yogurt Dill Vegetable Dip from Melanie Makes
- Tomato, Avocado and Cucumber Summer Salad from My Healthy Eating Habits
- Fennel Citrus Salad from An Appealing Plan
- Kale-Had-a-Hard-Day Salad from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Guacamole Deviled Eggs from Ruffles and Truffles
- Wasabi Cream Cheese Ham Salad from Neighborfood
- Latkes with Smoked Salmon and Caviar from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
Sides and Accompaniments
- Candied Apple Jelly from What Smells So Good?
- Grilled Steak with Garlic Cumin Rub from Cooking Chat
- Indian-style Roasted Cauliflower from kimchi MOM
- 3-Ingredient Beer Bread from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Potato Pancakes (Reibekuchen) from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Smoked Turkey Panini with Roasted Red Peppers and Basil Pesto from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Slow Cooker Turkey Half Breast from Nosh My Way
- Easy Crock Pot Pulled Chicken from Flour On My Face
- Lemon Basil Carbonara from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Garlic Butter Shrimp from Savvy Eats
- Easy Beef Stroganoff from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas from Supper for a Steal
- Chicken with Olives from Noshing With The Nolands
- Salmon with Tiger Dill Sauce from Cindy’s Recipes and Writing
- Crock Pot Beer Chicken from Our Table for Seven
- Chicken and Potato Bake with Meyer Lemons from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Chicken Asparagus Roll-ups from The Dinner-Mom
- Spaghetti Squash with Simple Red Sauce from Momma’s Meals
- Strawberry Red Wine Glazed Salmon from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Baked Asparagus and Eggs from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Grilled Caprese Salad Sandwich from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Beef Short Rib Bourguignon from Food Lust People Love
- Beans and Egg Sandwich from Basic N Delicious
- Honey Almond Salmon from Family Foodie
- BBQ Foiled Chicken from Meal Diva
Desserts and Beverages
- Flourless Chocolate Cake from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- 4-Ingredient Butterscotch Peanut Butter Marshmallow Sweets from Shockingly Delicious
- Vanilla Bean Honey Ice Cream from The Foodie Army Wife
- Coconut Crusted Chocolate Ganache Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- 3-Ingredient Nutella Truffles from URBAN BAKES
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Squares from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- 5-Minute Strawberry Sherbet from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Best Ever Coconut Macaroons from Hip Foodie Mom
- Orchid Panna Cotta from Manu’s Menu
- Oreo Cookies and Cream Fudge from Alida’s Kitchen
- Golden Oreo Rice Krispies Treats from Pies and Plots
- Vanilla Pudding from Magnolia Days
- Sopapilla Cheesecake Bites from The Weekend Gourmet
- Coconut Cream Mango Mousse from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Peanut Butter Buckeyes from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cherry Chip Cookies from Ninja Baking
- Raspberry Pina Colada Ice Cream from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Avocado Milkshakes from The Texan New Yorker
- The Ginger Sass Cocktail from Nik Snacks
- Baked Custard Cups from Soni’s Food
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here—>Sunday Supper Movement.