This dreamy Chocolate Satin Pie has a fudgy custard topped with a cloud of whipped cream and a mound of ripe berries! Perfect for any special occasion!
Chocolate Satin Pie
For our Thanksgiving feast, pumpkin pie is a given. The second pie used to be up for grabs. If my parents were visiting, it would be my excuse to make pecan. Apple was a natural choice, too. But lately, I’ve been making French silk pie, and we’re in a rut.
According to the crew, the bonus pie now MUST be French silk. But, as my food blogger friends know, we don’t like to make the same recipes over and over. New recipes=New blog posts. Get it? My family doesn’t. I thought I’d show them that the epitome of a rich chocolate pie doesn’t have to be French silk. How about Chocolate Satin Pie? A graham cracker crust filled with a fudgy custard and topped with a mound of whipped cream and berries. They were sold.
A No-Bake Chocolate Pie
This pie was so simple to put together. You could even buy a graham cracker crust to save a couple steps. There were only three ingredients in the filling. Then a fluffy pillow of whipped cream topped the chocolate custard (I won’t even tell if you use the can!) along with a mound of the fattest, most luscious berries imaginable.
Your chocoholic family members will be satisfied. Mine were. And the words “French silk” weren’t even be uttered. Well, at least not until the next holiday.
More Covered Dishes!
Covered dishes and food with toppings (like my Chocolate Satin Pie) offer loads of comfort. Adding berries, cream, frosting, streusel and more to a recipe makes for a terrific treat! Here are a few more ideas from my blogger friends.
- Bacon Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Frosting from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Streusel Topped Apple Pie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Dark Chocolate Cake Batter Truffles from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Chocolate Banoffee Pie from Happy Baking Days
- Chocolate Raspberry Pavlova
- S’mores Pie
- Easy Peach Crumb Pie
- Classic Carrot Cake
- More Pie Recipes
- 1 prepared 9-inch graham cracker crust (or make your own...I followed the recipe on the box of graham cracker crumbs)
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Raspberries, optional
- Whisk together cream and egg yolks in a saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is very hot and thickens slightly. Do not allow to boil. Remove from heat; stir in morsels until completely melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour into crust, then refrigerate 3 hours. Top with whipped cream before serving and sprinkle with berries if desired.
Adapted from Very Best Baking
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 473 Total Fat: 34g Saturated Fat: 18g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 112mg Sodium: 126mg Carbohydrates: 44g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 29g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 5g