This dreamy Chocolate Satin Pie has a fudgy custard topped with a cloud of whipped cream and a mound of ripe berries! Perfect for any special occasion!
Chocolate Satin Pie
For our Thanksgiving feast, pumpkin pie is a given. The second pie used to be up for grabs. If my parents were visiting, it would be my excuse to make pecan. Apple was a natural choice, too. But lately, I’ve been making French silk pie, and we’re in a rut.
According to the crew, the bonus pie now MUST be French silk. But, as my food blogger friends know, we don’t like to make the same recipes over and over. New recipes=New blog posts. Get it? My family doesn’t. I thought I’d show them that the epitome of a rich chocolate pie doesn’t have to be French silk. How about Chocolate Satin Pie? A graham cracker crust filled with a fudgy custard and topped with a mound of whipped cream and berries. They were sold.
A No-Bake Chocolate Pie
This pie was so simple to put together. You could even buy a graham cracker crust to save a couple steps. There were only three ingredients in the filling. Then a fluffy pillow of whipped cream topped the chocolate custard (I won’t even tell if you use the can!) along with a mound of the fattest, most luscious berries imaginable.
Your chocoholic family members will be satisfied. Mine were. And the words “French silk” weren’t even be uttered. Well, at least not until the next holiday.
Covered dishes, food with toppings (like my Chocolate Satin Pie), or foods that fulfill a need are all being shared today. Be sure to scroll down and see the marvelous array of covered sweets from my friends.
More Covered Desserts
- Bacon Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Frosting from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Streusel Topped Apple Pie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Classic Carrot Cake topped with cream cheese frosting from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Dark Chocolate Cake Batter Truffles from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Chocolate Satin Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Banoffee Pie from Happy Baking Days
- Easy Peach Crumb Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Covered “Party Popcorn” from Ruffles & Truffles
- Chocolate Raspberry Pavlova topped with whipped cream and berries from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Caramel Apple Bundt Cake from Pies and Plots
- S’mores Pie covered with homemade marshmallow from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Chocolate Satin Pie
A dreamy pie with a graham cracker crust, fudgy filling and whipped cream topping!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert, Pie, Holidays
- Method: Mixing, Simmering
- Cuisine: American
- 1 prepared 9-inch graham cracker crust (or make your own…I followed the recipe on the box of graham cracker crumbs)
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Raspberries, optional
- Whisk together cream and egg yolks in a saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is very hot and thickens slightly. Do not allow to boil. Remove from heat; stir in morsels until completely melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour into crust, then refrigerate 3 hours. Top with whipped cream before serving and sprinkle with berries if desired.
Adapted from Very Best Baking