A quadruple dose of chocolate makes these rich, chewy Death by Chocolate Cookies perfect for the chocoholic in your life!
Armed with cocoa powder, semi-sweet chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips, this chocolate cookie recipe is a winner!
Death by Chocolate Cookies
Who could resist these quadruple chocolate gems???! Four different chocolates are what make these rich chocolate cookies into Death by Chocolate Cookies. When my sweet friend, Danielle posted these on her facebook page, I zipped right over to her blog for the details. My mixing bowl was out within seconds! Danielle and I both love to bake so for the past few months, we have been sharing recipes from each other’s blogs. This was a no-brainer; my February post was set.
A Rich Chocolate Cookie Recipe
The hubby thought these were magnificent…after 25+ years, I know the way to his heart, and there is a LOT of it in this recipe. He wasn’t thrilled, though, when he saw me packing them up for the freezer. This was part of the 75 servings of chocolate dessert that I planned to bring to a big bash at the Decorators’ Show House, the volunteer gig that’s been taking up my free time of late.
I promised him there would be leftovers and that I’d confiscate them the second the party was finished. That seemed to pacify him. Until I brought home an empty platter. These Death by Chocolate Cookies were a major hit!
This post was originally shared in February, 2013. Photos and text were updated in 2019.
More Chocolate Cookies
- Brownie Drop Cookies
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- S’mores Cookies
- White Chocolate Chip Cookies with Dried Berries
- Caramel Filled Chocolate Cookies
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Layered Chocolate Chip Cookies
- More Cookie Recipes
- More Chocolate Recipes
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Melt the 8 ounces of chocolate chips in the microwave until smooth.
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Beat in the sugars.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla until incorporated. Add the chocolate and beat until combined. Sift in the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt) and mix on low speed until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Chill dough for at least 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350º.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of dough and roll into a ball. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the cookies have just begun to set with the centers still appearing very soft. They will firm up as they cool.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for at least 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Total time does not include chilling time.
Recipe adapted from Cook's Illustrated.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 145Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 52mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 2g