Best Holiday Pies and Tarts
Here are The Best Holiday Pies and Tarts to come out of my kitchen, suitable for a celebration! The perfect indulgence for any holiday!
Whether you’re looking for Thanksgiving Recipes or Christmas Recipes, pies are a wonderful way to cap off a holiday meal!
Why You Must Make
- Chocolate is always requested when it comes to dessert for family gatherings. So it’s probably no surprise that a number of our favorite holiday pies are laden with chocolate.
- Pies are not an everyday dessert but, instead, reserved for special occasions like Thanksgiving and Christmas. So it’s best to use a tried and true recipe worthy of a celebration.
- There are numerous varieties and flavors of pies, so there will certainly be one that your family will love.
I’m the lone family member who swoons after a bite or two of coconut cream or pecan pie, but I can only rotate those into the mix every few years. Double-crusted fruit pies are crowd-pleasers, too, whether apple, raspberry, or blueberry.
I love searching for new inspiration each year, like this post on Favorite Thanksgiving Pies! What’s your favorite pie?
Frequently Asked Questions
Tarts differ from most pies since they traditionally only have a bottom crust, and straight sides and are baked in a tart pan with removable sides. Pie plates have sloped sides and can have a single or double crust. If you’re short on time, a tart is often a speedier alternative!
There are one-crust pies, double-crust pies, lattice-topped pies, deep dish pies, cream pies, chiffon pies, hand pies, and no-bake pies.
Pies can be filled with fruit, nuts, custard, cream fillings, and even savory fillings like a chicken pot pie.
More Holiday Pies and Tarts:
Any of these amazing pies would be great Thanksgiving Recipes and Christmas Recipes, or anytime you’re craving a yummy pie!
- Holiday Pie Recipes from Saving Room for Dessert
- Perfect Pie Crust from I Wash You Dry
- 8 Must Bake Pie Recipes for Your Holidays from Bless This Mess
- Apple Crisp Pie from Inside BruCrewLife
- Coconut Cream Pie
- Chocolate Cream Pie with Graham Cracker Crust
- Grasshopper Pie
- Milk Chocolate Tart
- More of the Best Dessert Recipes
- More Delicious Pie Recipes
- Rose Levy Beranbaum’s Rose’s Perfect Pie Plate with Recipe Booklet (SO pretty on the table!)
- KitchenAid 11-Cup Food Processor (quickest way to make pie crusts)
- Slipat Non-Stick Silicone Commercial Size Baking Mat (I roll out my pie crusts on this mat)
- French Rolling Pin
Does your family expect a pie on Thanksgiving? What desserts are a tradition at your house???
Stay in touch through social media @ Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Don’t forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes! And if you love the results, please give it a 5-star rating in the recipe card. Note: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Visit my Amazon Store for my favorite products.