Kahlua Bundt Cake is still my go-to recipe when I need a quick, yet decadent, dessert. This moist, dense chocolate cake is a snap to fix. You are going to fall in love with this Kahlua Bundt Cake recipe.
This fabulous chocolate cake recipe is embarrassingly simple. You’d never guess that it starts with a cake mix!
Kahlua Bundt Cake
I know “semi-homemade” conjures up some bad images for many of my foodie friends: less than gourmet dishes, gloppy casseroles with canned soups, boxed “helper” meals, etc. But I have a few such recipes that my family adores, like this Easy Lemon Bundt Cake, and I just can’t just ignore their requests. And when you find recipes like these fabulous Cake Mix Cookies, you can see there’s a time and place for said shortcuts.
This Kahlua Bundt Cake is another prime example. I have baked it for teachers’ luncheons, funeral dinners as well as for family birthdays. And despite it being made with a boxed cake mix, I always get requests for the recipe. I think the full pint of sour cream may have something to do with the overwhelmingly positive reactions.
A Dreamy, Dense, Rich and Easy Chocolate Cake
One bowl, a mixer and a handful of ingredients and you’ll have the most incredible aroma wafting through your kitchen in no time. It’s a dump and mix recipe, truly a no brainer.
PRO-Tip: I highly recommend spraying your Bundt pan with Baker’s Joy or some other oil/flour spray so that you’ll get an easy release from the pan. Cool in the pan for just 10 minutes, then invert onto a rack till it cools to room temperature.
As you can see, my Kahlua Bundt Cake came out with nary a chocolate chip left behind. All this needs is a sprinkle of powdered sugar and you’ll hear nothing but swooning. Seriously, if you’re overwhelmed with the holidays, this recipe will be a lifesaver.
More Boozy Recipes
This Kahlua Bundt Cake is my contribution to this week’s Sunday Supper lineup. We’re all posting “libations,” whether cocktails or wine sauces or boozed up cakes, there are loads of amazing recipes for you to peruse.
- Big Easy Milk Punch by The Weekend Gourmet
- Blue Sparkling Star Cocktail by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Boozy Iced Spanish Coffee by Nosh My Way
- Cranberry Moscow Mule by Ruffles & Truffles
- Creamy, Loaded Eggnog by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Merry Berry Spritz by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Minty Lime Rum by A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Rhubarb Fool Cocktail by Food Lust People Love
- Southern Pomegranate Sparkler by Noshing With The Nolands
- Sparkling Pomegranate Berry Punch by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Vanilla Bailey’s With A Twist by Momma’s Meals
Savory and Sweet Libational Dishes
- Apple Bourbon Pulled Pork Sliders by Curious Cuisiniere
- Belgian Beef Stew with Belgian Ale by Cooking On The Ranch
- Brandied Triple Cheese Ball by Magnolia Days
- Champagne Chicken by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cornish Game Hens with Sausage Red Wine Sauce over Polenta by The Texan New Yorker
- Craft Beer Jelly by Nik Snacks
- Eggnog Dutch Baby Pancakes with Cranberries by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Hot Buttered Rum Balls by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Red Wine Braised Short Ribs by Cooking Chat
- Amaretto Cranberry Swirled Cheesecake by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Baked Pears with a Warm Tequila-Citrus Espuma by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Bourbon Cranberry Compote by Pies and Plots
- Caramelized Banana Upside-Down Rum Cake by Wallflour Girl
- Chocolate Stout Beer Brownies by The Perfect Brownie
- Honey Chamomile Hot Toddy Tea Cake by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Kahlua Bundt Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Red Wine Poached Pears with Ricotta and Balsamic Glaze by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Rum Glazed Cookie Cream Buns by NinjaBaker
- Tiramisu Biscotti by The Redhead Baker
Used in This Recipe:
More Cake Mix Recipes You’ll Love:
- No Bake Funfetti Cheesecake Cups from Wine and Glue
- Easy Margarita Poke Cake from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Lemon Crinkle Cookies from Living Locurto
- Slow Cooker Cherry Spice Cake Cobbler from Boulder Locavore
Kahlua Bundt Cake
A moist, chocolate Bundt cake that’s a snap to fix!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 10
- Category: Dessert, Cake
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge cake mix, 15.25 ounces (with pudding in the mix)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Kahlua
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1-pint sour cream
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Beat together all ingredients except chocolate chips. Add chocolate chips when batter is smooth. Pour into well greased and floured Bundt pan. Bake 40-50 minutes.
- Cool about 10 minutes and turn out onto cake plate. Sprinkle with powdered sugar when cool.
More of My Favorite Chocolate Cakes: