Just in time for back to school, I’m sharing this super easy Brie, Jam and Salami Sandwich! Loads of deliciousness in every bite.
Did you know August is National Sandwich Month? A grilled cheese is my go-to sandwich, but I was inspired to shake things up with another cheese sandwich.
Brie, Jam and Salami Sandwich
I was on holiday up in Northern Minnesota with my sisters at my aunt and uncle’s lovely lake house. As we prepped a wheel of Brie to bake in a bread bowl, my Uncle Bob commented that he adored a Brie, Jam and Salami Sandwich. With fig jam, one of my sisters chimed in.
I knew I’d have to make this 4 ingredient Brie sandwich. I also toyed with making a sandwich featuring warm, gooey Brie, like this Turkey Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich, but nothing beats a gourmet sandwich you can whip up in 30 seconds!
Tips for Making This Brie Jam and Salami Sandwich
On the day I was recipe testing, my oldest stopped by to have me sign some paperwork for a house he’s purchasing. When I mentioned I was making sandwiches, he commented that he happened to be hungry. How convenient! Not sure if he’d want jam on his savory sandwich, he said he preferred that to mustard. Excellent. And that happened to be his verdict, too.
- I bought presliced Genoa salami, but I think this would be marvelous with thicker sausage slices from an Italian deli.
- This is a handy recipe (if you can call it that!) when you have some leftover Brie from entertaining, or just go ahead and buy a small round and designate it for a Brie, Jam and Salami Sandwich! Perfect for brown bagging.
- Use your favorite jam or preserves. I prefer one that’s not overly sweet.
- If the sweet and savory combination isn’t your thing, use a nice smear of Dijon mustard instead.
P.S. I bet this would be amazing on my Homemade Pretzel Rolls!!
More Simple Sandwich Recipes
- Brie BLT
- Curried Turkey Salad Sandwich (or use chicken!)
- Open Faced Salmon Sandwich
- Roast Chicken and Brie Sandwich
- Tuna Salad Sandwich
- Chicken Pesto Grilled Cheese
- Mediterranean Grilled Cheese
- More Entree Recipes
- Two slices of your favorite sliced bread or a roll
- 4 or more slices Brie
- Genoa or favorite salami, amount depends on size and thickness
- Fig preserves or jam
- Spread one slice or half of a roll with fig preserves
- Layer on Brie slices and salami, then repeat. Top with a second slice of bread or roll.
Used in This Recipe: