Brie Bacon Lettuce and Tomato Sandwich
Kick your BLT up to the next level by making a Brie Bacon Lettuce Tomato Sandwich!
Adding slices of a French, double crème cheese provides an additional, luscious layer to a classic BLT Recipe.
Why You Must Make
- Once juicy farm stand or homegrown tomatoes are available, BLT sandwiches are a delicious addition to your summer menu rotation.
- Tossing some avocado into the mix is one of my favorite tweaks, but after hearing about a Brie LT, I picked up a wedge of this gooey French cheese to add to our sandwiches. The picky hubby pulls off any avocado that I try to sneak in, but he was thrilled with slices of Brie nestled in his sandwich. So was I!
- These make a yummy dinner on busy days.
How to Layer a BLT
A Brie LT is no more complicated than a classic BLT. Not All Brie LTs include bacon, but that’s a must at our house. Below is how I layer my sandwich. Making a double-decker version is impressive, but definitely messier!
- Start with your favorite bread. These were made with a Pullman-type loaf, but I also love a hearty whole-grain bread. Toast two slices. Let the slices cool before adding the mayonnaise so it doesn’t “melt” into the toast.
- Apply mayonnaise to one slice, make sure not to skimp. Homemade mayo is fabulous, and if you’re daring, mix in a bit of basil. I am quite satisfied with Hellmann’s, and I grab their organic version when I can.
- Or try this Chipotle Mayo Recipe instead of plain mayonnaise for a delicious kick of flavor.
- Next comes the lettuce. I grew up with crisp iceberg, but Romaine or ruffly leaf lettuces are more flavorful.
- PRO-Tip: Placing lettuce before the tomato helps prevent the juices from making the toast soggy.
- Ripe, peak of the season tomatoes are a must. I like one thicker tomato slice, but two or three thin slices are nice, too.
- I add my extras like Brie and/or avocado slices next. Is there anything out of the ordinary that you add to your BLT?
- Buy thick, high-quality bacon and top with 2-3 strips before adding the second slice of toast. Spread this toast with mayonnaise, too, if that’s what you fancy! I prefer Hellmann’s.
- Slice your sandwich in half, grab some napkins and dig in!
You May Also Like
- Have you tried a Pressed Brick Sandwich yet? Packed full of delicious ingredients, then compressed with a heavy object like a brick. Perfect for picnics or tailgating.
- A Monte Cristo is a delicious twist on the ham and cheese or you can add some kick your steak sandwich up a notch with some melted Brie.
- My Cubano is another terrific option with its layers of pork, ham, pickles, and Swiss cheese.
- Plus, if you have extra Brie, this Strawberry Bacon Brie Sandwich is phenomenal!
- And More Sandwiches and Entree Recipes
Brie Bacon Lettuce and Tomato Sandwich
How to make a classic BLT with Brie!
- 2 slices hearty bread
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 leaves of iceberg or leaf lettuce
- 2 slices of ripe, summer tomatoes, sliced to your desired thickness
- 2 slices of Brie
- 2 slices of thick bacon, cooked until crisp
Lightly toast your bread and cool slightly.
Smear one slice of toast with 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise, then top with lettuce, tomatoes, Brie and bacon.
Spread mayonnaise on the second slice of toast, and add to the sandwich, mayonnaise side down.
Slice sandwich in half and serve.
Serving Size:1 sandwich
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 808Total Fat: 56gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 36gCholesterol: 91mgSodium: 1375mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 28g
15 Comments on “Brie Bacon Lettuce and Tomato Sandwich”
Of course cheese goes well in a BLT! And you picked a good one!
I love French, double creme, but never imagined it being part of a BLT. Thanks for the tomato/mayo trick. Didn’t know that.
If you’re going to have a BLT this is the way to go! I bought brie a while back and put it in the freezer because I didn’t know what to do with it. I also have some thick sliced brown sugar bacon that it going to be awesome in this sandwich. Thanks for the recipe and inspiration!
Such a perfect BLT, you can never go wrong with Brie and bacon!
I love BLTs. The brie is a great way to take the every day BLT to the next level. Sounds delicious!
The toasty thick bread and rich creamy cheese, bacon and avocado is absolutely dreamy! The boys would go crazy over this sammie! Take care
There is nothing better than a BLT with vine ripened tomatoes in the summer, adding a layer of brie is OTT, and absolutely luxurious! The heat of the bacon melts the cheese a bit, the crunch of the lettuce! OMG, heaven!
That is one gorgeous sandwich Liz and the brie is brilliant! I’ll be craving this now 🙂
Sounds amazing! And yep… My first summer BLT is on the menu for this weekend:@)
This is so good!! I love Brie and I love bacon but never paired the two together. I’m going to to it the next time I make a BLT!
Yum! What a fun and delicious twist on the old fashioned favorite! Love all your tips too, Liz!
That’s a great BLT. Liz! I’d even add a fried egg to it. Bacon rules!
I have never thought to put cheese in my BIT what an awesome idea!
Brie and bacon…now that’s a sandwich!
I love Bacon, & this looks addictive! xoxo