It was time for our summer book club dinner and we were in the heart of peach season! I decided to revisit this easy fresh Peach Clafoutis, a rustic French fruit tart!
Fresh Peach Clafoutis
I don’t think I’d even heard of a clafoutis until I started blogging in 2010. A clafoutis (pronounced kla-FOO-tee) is basically fruit topped with a crepe-like batter and baked until puffed and custardy. It’s a rustic French dessert that can be thrown together in minutes. You can use any stone fruit, but traditionally black cherries with the pits are utilized, like in my Whole Cherry Clafoutis. Plums, peaches, nectarines and even berries are just as delicious. And how about a delectable Fig Clafoutis? Since I seem to have a surplus of peaches, peaches it was! I loved this dessert, but alas, Bill wasn’t a fan. Lacking in chocolate, I suppose. But I plan to have another slice for breakfast!
A Superb Way to Highlight the Lovely Peach
With only a few simple pantry ingredients plus milk, cream, eggs and a splash of vanilla, the peach flavor really shines through. Though I adore a cinnamon spiced peach pie or crisp, I also love when the pure unadulterated flavor of the luscious peach is highlighted. I hope you’ll be a fan of this fresh peach clafoutis, too.
More Recipes You’ll Love:
- Peach Margaritas
- 4 Ingredient Peach Dumplings from Spend with Pennies
- Peach Quinoa Caprese Salad
- Fresh Peach Ice Cream No Churn Ice Cream from Big Bear’s Wife
- Streusel Topped Peach Tart
What I Used for This Peach Clafoutis:
- Wusthof Classic 6-inch Wave Knife
- Nutri Ninja| Ninja Blender Duo with Auto-iQ (BL642)
- Corningware Pie Plate White 9″
Fresh Peach Clafoutis
!Adapted from Martha Stewart
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 mins
- Yield: 6 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: French
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup flour
- 3 cups peeled and sliced peaches
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease a 9 inch pie plate or ceramic tart dish with butter and use about 1 tablespoon of sugar to dust the dish.
- Mix all ingredients except peaches in a blender on high for about a minute, stopping to scrape down the sides. Pour half the batter on bottom of dish. Arranged sliced fruit over batter. Pour the rest of the batter over peaches.
- Bake 45-60 minutes till top puffs and turns golden brown. Dust with powdered sugar to serve.