So far this summer, the peaches I have purchased have been transformed into margaritas. I knew the hubby was hankering for a peach dessert, so I whipped up this Streusel Topped Peach Tart. National Peach Month will be here soon!
Streusel Topped Peach Tart
The hubby was hinting around about “pie.” Peach pie to be exact. Have I told you how much I dislike making double crust pies? A “pat in” tart crust is more my speed.
I toyed with adding a lattice crust till the dough strips fell apart in my hands. No way was I going to weave those! When I see desserts with a crumb topping, like this Streusel Strawberry Rhubarb Pie, I never fume, “Where the heck is that top crust????” Instead, my mouth starts to water. So streusel won out. Bill was a happy guy! And I was a happy, stress-free baker.
4th of July Recipes
I served this streusel topped peach tart at our annual 4th of July gathering. The forecast was dreary so our party was moved indoors and the fireworks were nixed. We all squeezed into our home and I decked the tables in red, white and blue.
Everyone brought a dish to share and I baked up a storm. Frozen Grasshopper Pie, Homemade Samoas, Frosted Cocoa Brownies, and this luscious streusel topped peach tart were my contributions. Everything was a huge hit!
Oh, yeah, I also made this Sour Cream Corn Dip which was devoured in record time (that’s what happens when you have 3 twenty-something-year-old young men for dinner). Bill requests it every year without fail. But I think desserts are traditionally the highlight of this summer party, and this scrumptious tart was the perfect addition.
More Peach Recipes You’ll Love:
My family goes nuts for the combination of peach and raspberries in desserts and this Peach Raspberry Crisp is super easy. My Classic Peach Pie is a little more work, but worth the effort! If you’re looking for a cool treat, try this Fresh Peach Ice Cream. I’ve also put these Peach Hand Pies and this Peach Cake with Brown Sugar Frosting on my baking list.
Plus a Few More Peach Recipes from my Sunday Supper Friends:
Breakfasts and Starters:
- How to Make Peach Gazpacho with Cucumber by Asian in America
- Peach Blueberry Burrata Quesadilla by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Peaches and Cream Crepes by A Mind Full Mom
- Peaches and Cream Smoothie Bowl by Family Foodie
- Fresh Peach Cucumber Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Italian Peach Panzanella Bread Salad by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Peach Caprese Salad with Balsamic Syrup by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Peach, Tomato and Mint Salad by Our Good Life
- Grilled Peach Caprese with Blackberry Balsamic by The Crumby Cupcake
- Chicken, Peaches, and Arugula on a Focaccia Roll by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Roasted Flank Steak with Fresh Peach Pico de Gallo by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Biscuit Topped Peach Cobbler by Palatable Pastime
- Blueberry Peach Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Blueberry Peach Coffee Cake by The Chef Next Door
- Frozen Peach Cheesecake by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Gluten Free Peach Apricot Crisp by Desserts Required
- No-Churn Peach Pie Ice Cream by The Redhead Baker
- Peaches and Cream Pie by Cooking on the Ranch
- Peach Sherbet by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Peach Honey Pecan Galette by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Streusel-Topped Peach Tart by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Summer Fruit Pie by Pies and Plots
You May Need:Print
Streusel Topped Peach Tart
A peach tart made with fresh summer peaches and topped with a buttery streusel.
- Prep Time: 40 mins
- Cook Time: 55 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Category: Dessert, Tart
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 7 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon cold butter, cut into pieces
- 2 egg yolks, whisked to break up
- 4 peaches, peeled pitted and sliced about 1/2 inch wide
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into pieces
- Put the flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor and pulse a couple of times to combine.
- Scatter the pieces of butter over the dry ingredients and pulse until the butter is pea-sized or smaller.
- Add the yolks, a little at a time, pulsing after each addition. When the eggs are all in, process the dough in long pulses until it starts to clump.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead gently to pull the dough together. Wrap in plastic and let rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Press the dough into a 9-inch fluted, greased tart pan with a removable bottom. Press the dough evenly over the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Set on a baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- Mix sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add peach slices and lemon juice and gently toss. Arrange peach slices in concentric circles over the crust, starting on the outside and working towards the middle. Pour any of the juices in the bowl over the tart.
- To make the topping, mix together the flour and brown sugar. With fingers, rub the butter pieces into the dry ingredients to make crumbs. Spread over top of the tart.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or till crust is brown and filling is bubbling.
- Cool to room temperature on a wire rack and serve with vanilla ice cream if desired.