Chewy Cocoa Brownies
One of my family’s mottos is “there’s no such thing as too much frosting.” So when I made these fabulous Chewy Cocoa Brownies, I made 1 1/2 times the icing!
Brownie Recipes are terrific for any occasion, whether for game day, a picnic or a casual dinner. And these simple frosted brownies were a hit!
Chewy Cocoa Brownies
My sweet fellow blogger and foodie friend, Danielle, has done lots of bake alongs via her facebook page. Most of you realize my family has a special place in their heart for brownies; so when Danielle posted her “Best Frosted Brownies,” I knew I’d have to make them.
There were years and years when my kids preferred Betty Crocker’s frosted brownies to anything I could ever make. It was the frosting that kept them addicted as it certainly couldn’t be the less than stellar brownie beneath.
I took these on a weekend road trip with our neighbors who gave them rave reviews. The kids felt the same. If unfrosted brownies are more your style check out these Fudgy Cocoa Brownies.
Hugs & Cookies XOXO
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks), melted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks), at room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 4 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease 9 x 13 pan.
- Combine sugar, butter, and water in large bowl. Mix in eggs and vanilla. Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt into egg mixture. Stir until combined. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake for 18-23 minutes (mine took 20 minutes) or until a toothpick inserted into the center of brownies comes out slightly sticky. Cool on wire rack while making the frosting.
- To make the frosting, place butter into a medium bowl. Sift cocoa and powdered sugar into the bowl. Add milk and vanilla. Using a hand mixer, beat till well combined. Spread on cooled brownies.
Serving Size:1 brownie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 206Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 147mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 2g