Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies are an exquisite combination of brownies and chocolate cheesecake that you can eat with your fingers!
Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies
It’s time again to share another insanely delicious recipe from my dear, baker-extraordinaire friend, Danielle, of Hugs & Cookies XOXO. There are oodles of Danielle’s recipes I need to try…so we may be at this for a while. Today, Danielle is featuring one of my recipes…I can’t wait to see which one she picked! I took these Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies to a New Year’s party…and without even asking, I was given the perfect recipe review. As I walked by the table of men discussing football and other manly subjects, holding my tray of goodies, one of the guys commented, “These are a molecular chocolate explosion in my mouth.” It may not surprise you that he’s a notable nephrologist who happens to delve into the world of research . I’ll have to tell hubby that he needs to up his creativity when I’m begging for commentary.. .the usual “good, really good” just doesn’t cut it anymore!
How to Make a Layered Brownie
To make these beauties, a brownie batter is spread in an even layer on the bottom of a prepared 8 x 8 inch pan, then topped with dollops of chocolate cheesecake batter. The goal was to swirl and marbleize the cheesecake batter into the brownie batter with a knife. Uh, guess I’m not so good at that, so I’d recommend just smoothing out the second layer on top of the first.
Both the brownies and cheesecake bake together and the results are fabulous. If you like chocolate AND cheesecake, you’ll need add these to your baking schedule.
- Recipe courtesy of Hugs and Cookies via Baking Bites
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line an 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 inch pan with non-stick foil (or with regular foil sprayed with non-stick spray). Set aside.
- Gently melt chocolate and butter in microwave, stopping and stirring till smooth. Mix in cocoa powder. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the sugar, eggs and vanilla. While whisking, slowly pour chocolate into mixture. Stir till smooth. Sift flour and salt into the bowl and stir till just combined. Pour into prepared pan and smooth top. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, cocoa powder, egg and vanilla till smooth. Drop over brownie batter. Smooth over top (may swirl batters together with knife if desired...I did not).
- Bake for 35-40 minutes till brownies and cheesecake are set. Knife inserted into center of brownies should come out clean.
- Cool completely before cutting and serving. Store covered and refrigerated.