Seasonal berries dance with cheese, nuts and more in this scrumptious Strawberry Bacon Brie Salad with a Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette! Plus find out how I keep my produce fresh longer!
This post is sponsored by Rubbermaid and all opinions are mine alone.
Strawberry Bacon Brie Salad
This is no ordinary salad! The complexity of sweet, salty, creamy, crisp, and crunchy ingredients will thrill your taste buds. I started with fresh baby spinach greens, then piled on slices of ripe strawberries, thin slices of bacon, rich triple creme Brie, and sugared pecan halves. A drizzle of salad dressing infused with strawberry jam was the final touch to pull it all together. Truly a party in your mouth with each delectable bite.
Did you know May was National Salad Month? Perfect timing as the first crop of lettuces and greens are being harvested from our gardens. Plus I’ve been thrilled with the fragrant berries in the markets. You know me and berries, they are a fabulous dessert garnish, plus I love to add them to my salads all summer long!
If you have extra strawberries, this Strawberry, Turkey and Brie Grilled Cheese is a yummy twist on a classic.
Rubbermaid FreshWorks Produce Saver
Are you frustrated with how quickly your berries deteriorate after bringing them home from the market? Do you find that your raspberries have gotten moldy overnight? Yeah, me, too! Well, I’ve never been MORE excited about a new product that will help increase the life of your produce by as much as 80% longer! My berries showed no sign of new soft spots one week after my purchase date. Just transfer your produce from the grocery store packaging into these Rubbermaid FreshWorks Produce Savers (affiliate link). They really work!!
More FreshWorks Details and a Giveaway!
Seriously, these containers are a game-changer. I know you’ll love them, too.
- These innovative food storage containers use patented FreshVent technology which helps reduce moisture and spoilage.
- Just transfer your produce directly from the grocery store packaging into the FreshWorks containers without washing, cutting, or slicing.
- They’re available in three different sizes to fit a variety of produce needs. I used the large Fresh Works container for a 5-ounce package of baby spinach, the medium for a pound of strawberries, and the small for a pint of fresh blackberries.
- They are microwave and dishwasher safe, made in the US, and BPA-free.
- If you’re like me and use Rubbermaid storage containers for leftovers, these work in the same manner. They have a CrispTray in the bottom to keep air circulating under your produce and a snap-on plastic top with their patented vent. SO easy to use. They are a terrific product if you stock your fridge with lots of fruit and vegetables.
These can be found at many retailers including Target, Walmart, Costco, Bed Bath and Beyond, Amazon, and more. But you have a chance to win a set of your own! Just follow the Rafflecopter prompts below.
Note: Giveaway is CLOSED
Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons good quality aged balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jam
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 ounces baby spinach greens
- 4 slices bacon, sliced into short pieces, then fried until crisp, and drained on paper towels
- 1/3 pound Brie, sliced or diced into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup candied pecans (check out [url]this recipe∞https://www.thatskinnychickcanbake.com/spinach-salad-with-pears-cranberries-and-candied-pecans-thanksgivingpotluck/[/url] if you want to make your own)
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- Make the dressing by whisking together the vinegar, mustard, jam, salt and pepper. While whisking continuously, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until mixture is emulsified. Set aside.
- Add spinach to a large salad bowl. Arrange the bacon, Brie, pecans and strawberries over the greens. When ready to serve, drizzle with the salad dressing and toss.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 367Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 573mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 9g