This super easy Honey French Salad Dressing is simple to make at home and a heck of a lot tastier than what comes in a bottle!!! Less sugar and oil than the typical French dressing recipe.
Homemade Honey French Salad Dressing
On a regular basis, the hubby will not eat salad because I have dressed it with my best balsamic vinaigrette, a favorite homemade salad dressing. He prefers a bottle (sigh) of French, Catalina, Ranch or Blue Cheese. So I recently surprised him by making this homemade honey French salad dressing. He gave it high praise, but he still didn’t eat the artichoke hearts or cucumbers! Some things will never change.
Lighter and Just as Delicious!
I wouldn’t exactly call this salad dressing “health food,” but it’s definitely lightened up from many French salad dressing recipes. With less oil than the typical recipe and honey instead of white sugar to sweeten, you won’t even notice these tweaks! Just make sure to whisk vigorously while adding the vegetable oil as that ensures the mixture emulsifies, which means the oil droplets actually become suspended in the dressing. You can easily do this in the blender, too, but I was lazy and didn’t want to add that to the pile of dishes I needed to wash!
More Homemade Salad Dressings You’ll Love:
- Homemade Italian Salad Dressing from Diethood
- Watermelon Feta Basil Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Blood Orange Salad Dressing Recipe from Wonky Wonderful
- Best Blue Cheese Salad Dressing from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Maple Citrus Salad Dressing from Peas and Crayons
Used in This Recipe:
- Pyrex 2-Cup Glass Measuring Cup (I use this to measure out dressing ingredients and whisk into and emulsion)
- Quattro Stagioni Bottle (pretty jars to store salad dressings)
- Kuhn Rikon Whisk (a great basic whisk)
Honey French Salad Dressing
An easy homemade French salad dressing sweetened with honey.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 1⅔ cups salad dressing
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (I use canola oil)
- Salt and pepper, to taste, if desired.
- In a large glass measuring cup or medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar, celery salt, onion powder, and paprika. Whisk in ketchup and honey.
- Slowly pour in vegetable oil while whisking constantly (this will help emulsify the salad dressing).
- Taste for seasonings and add salt, pepper or more onion powder as needed. I did not add any more salt.
- Calories: 1319kcal
- Sugar: 165g
- Sodium: 1102mg
- Fat: 74g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 177g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0