This super easy Honey French Salad Dressing is simple to make at home and a heck of a lot tastier than what comes in a bottle!!! Less sugar and oil than the typical French dressing recipe and so delicious!! If you’ve never made salad dressing, this is the perfect recipe to try!!
This Light Creamy French Dressing isn’t as heavy as supermarket versions and is the perfect topping for so many salads!
Homemade Honey French Salad Dressing
On a regular basis, the hubby will not eat salad because I have dressed it with my best balsamic vinaigrette, a favorite homemade salad dressing. He prefers a bottle (sigh) of French, Catalina, Ranch or Blue Cheese. So I recently surprised him by making this homemade honey French salad dressing. He gave it high praise, but he still didn’t eat the artichoke hearts or cucumbers! Some things will never change.
Tips for Making a Light Creamy French Dressing
I wouldn’t exactly call this salad dressing “health food,” but it’s definitely lightened up from many French salad dressing recipes. With less oil than the typical recipe and honey instead of white sugar to sweeten, you won’t even notice these tweaks! Just make sure to whisk vigorously while adding the vegetable oil as that ensures the mixture emulsifies, which means the oil droplets actually become suspended in the dressing. You can easily do this in the blender, too, but I was lazy and didn’t want to add that to the pile of dishes I needed to wash!
More Homemade Salad Dressings You’ll Love:
- Homemade Italian Salad Dressing from Diethood
- Watermelon Feta Basil Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Cilantro Vinaigrette
- Best Blue Cheese Salad Dressing
- The Best Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Parmesan Vinaigrette
- Honey Lime Salad Dressing
- Peach Basil Vinaigrette
- Salad Recipes
Used in This Recipe:
- Pyrex 2-Cup Glass Measuring Cup (I use this to measure out dressing ingredients and whisk into and emulsion)
- Quattro Stagioni Bottle (pretty jars to store salad dressings)
- Kuhn Rikon Whisk (a great basic whisk)
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (I use canola oil)
- Salt and pepper, to taste, if desired.
- In a large glass measuring cup or medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar, celery salt, onion powder, and paprika. Whisk in ketchup and honey.
- Slowly pour in vegetable oil while whisking constantly (this will help emulsify the salad dressing).
- Taste for seasonings and add salt, pepper or more onion powder as needed. I did not add any more salt.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1319 Total Fat: 74g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 1102mg Carbohydrates: 177g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 165g Protein: 2g