Made with three of my very favorite summer flavors, this Tomato Salad with Peach and Basil Vinaigrette will thrill your taste buds.
Tomato Salad with Peach and Basil Vinaigrette
This is my kind of heaven on a plate. Ripe juicy tomato slices were drizzled with a light, sweet vinaigrette chock full of succulent chopped peaches and basil. When Kristen announced that this month’s Improv Challenge ingredients were peaches and herbs, I thought of doing a peach quick bread with some added thyme…but then a recipe for peach vinaigrette from Southern Living appeared in my inbox. This Tomato Salad with Peach and Basil Vinaigrette was meant to be.
Tips for the Best Peach and Tomato Salad
I will make this Tomato Salad with Peach and Basil Vinaigrette again and again! It’s the epitome of summer on a plate. Here are a few pointers for making this delicious summer salad.
- Be sure to use the best of the best produce…I purchased these beefy tomatoes and Georgia peaches at our local produce stand. Grocery store tomatoes and canned peaches just wouldn’t do this recipe justice.
- I tweaked the recipe a bit…replacing the white balsamic vinegar with champagne vinegar and the brown sugar with white.
- With such a small amount of olive oil, the dressing had quite a tang, but it’s offset by the additional sugar and the sweet peach chunks.
- Add some fresh mozzarella and you’ve got a meal…so perfect for a sultry July meal. And it’s gorgeous to boot.
More Summer Salads:
- Broccoli Salad
- Peach Caprese Salad
- Marinated Vegetable Salad
- Summer Panzanella Salad
- Watermelon Feta Salad
- Salad Recipes
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup champagne vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large peach, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Whisk together vinegar, garlic, sugar, salt, and pepper. Slowly whisk in olive oil, then stir in peaches and basil. Arrange tomato slices on a platter. Drizzle dressing over tomatoes and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 129Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 40mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 2gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g