Company was coming and Beef Barbacoa was on the menu and this vibrant Tex-Mex Fiesta Salad with Honey Lime Dressing was the perfect side dish.
A Tex-Mex Vegetable Salad is cool, refreshing and helps balance spicy Mexican dishes deliciously!
Once I settled on some spicy beef for our entree, the rest was easy. I doctored up some packaged rice with Monterey Jack cheese and a can of Rotel tomatoes, baked up some corn muffins and had two desserts in mind. I took the ingredients from my favorite Corn and Black Bean Salad and transformed them into a flavorful tossed green salad. This fiesta salad with a lime based salad dressing with a generous amount of honey for sweetness and cilantro to provide that Tex-Mex continuity.
Tex-Mex Vegetable Salad
With only a few bites taken, one of our guests mentioned she’d be emailing me for the this fiesta salad recipe. Yup, that’s the validation I needed, especially when this wasn’t a tried and true concoction. The amounts listed in the recipe will serve a crowd. Just cut them in half if you’re feeding your family. Add or subtract your favorite ingredients depending on your taste buds. You can’t mess it up! P.S. There were raves over the Beef Barbacoa, too. Find the recipe by clicking the link at the top of this post.
You Might Need:Print
A colorful Tex-Mex salad tossed with a honey-lime vinaigrette.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 12-16 servings 1x
- Category: Side Dish, Salad
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
- 2 packages of Hearts of Romaine Lettuce (already chopped)
- 1 15 ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels or frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 10 ounces grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch of green onions, sliced thinly (white end and a bit of the green onion)
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1–2 avocados, cut into chunks (cut right before serving)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- A pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place lettuce in a large mixing bowl. Top with all the other ingredients except for avocados.
- Make the salad dressing by whisking together lime juice, vinegar, honey, salt, a generous pinch of crushed red pepper flakes, and cilantro. Drizzle in the olive oil while whisking constantly.
- Add avocados and toss the salad with the dressing to serve.
Other Notable Salads: