Tired of the same old lunch? Try this Chicken Salad with Grapes recipe jazzed up with dried cherries, grapes, and pecans. It’s absolutely irresistible!
If you haven’t tried a Fruity Chicken Salad, you’ll love the pop of sweetness, plus crunch from the nuts and tart chewiness from the cherries!
Fruity Chicken Salad
I hate to brag, but this is one fabulous chicken salad recipe. There’s nothing complicated about it. The prep entails a bit of chopping and stirring, but it’s the proportions that are key.
I always prefer a smidgen of sour cream to cut the mayo in these sorts of salads. And a little acidity from the lemon juice helps balance the flavors. The add-ins are up to you. Leave out the nuts if that’s not your thing. I’d have to remove the pecans and cherries if serving this to my family, but this batch of chicken salad with grapes was for me!
The Best Chicken Salad!
If you’re low-carbing it, this can be eaten as a salad over lettuce. Or, if you’re like me, pile the chicken salad between two slices of whole wheat bread or on a roll or croissant. As a hearty lunch or light dinner, this chicken salad with grapes is a delightful option to meat and potatoes. I hope you enjoy! It’s truly the best chicken salad.
More Sandwich Recipes You’ll Love:
- Light & Easy Chicken Salad Recipe from Joyful Healthy Eats
- Avocado Ranch Chicken Salad Wrap from Spend with Pennies
- Asian Chicken Cranberry Salad from Reluctant Entertainer
- Lobster Salad from Savory Experiments
- Brie, Jam and Salami Sandwich
- Open Faced Salmon Sandwiches
- Croque Monsieur
- Tuna Cranberry Pecan Salad Sandwich
- Ditch the bun and serve a Chicken Stuffed Avocado! (keto friendly)
- More Easy Chicken Recipes
- More Sandwich Recipes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I use Hellmann's)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper (1/8-1/4 teaspoon)
- 1 pound cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup halved grapes (red or green seedless)
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, salt and lemon juice. Add pepper to taste.
- Stir in chicken, celery, pecans and dried cherries.
- Serve over lettuce or on a bun or croissant.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 510Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 116mgSodium: 803mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 37g