Tired of the same old lunch? Try this Fruity Chicken Salad recipe jazzed up with dried cherries, grapes and pecans.
Fruity Chicken Salad
I hate to brag, but this is one fabulous chicken salad recipe. There’s nothing complicated about it. The prep entails a bit of chopping and stirring, but it’s the proportions that are key.
I always prefer a smidgen of sour cream to cut the mayo in these sorts of salads. And a little acidity from the lemon juice helps balance the flavors. The add ins are up to you. Leave out the nuts if that’s not your thing. I’d have to remove the pecans and cherries if serving this to my family, but this batch was for me!
The Best Chicken Salad!
If you’re low-carbing it, this can be eaten as a salad over lettuce. Or, if you’re like me, pile the chicken salad between two slices of whole wheat bread or on a roll or croissant. As a hearty lunch or light dinner, it’s a delightful option to meat and potatoes. I hope you enjoy! It’s truly the best chicken salad.Print
Fruity Chicken Salad
A classic chicken salad jazzed up with dried cherries, grapes and pecans
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings 1x
- Category: Salad, Sandwich
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I use Hellmann’s)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper (1/8-1/4 teaspoon)
- 1 pound cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup halved grapes (red or green seedless)
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, salt and lemon juice. Add pepper to taste.
- Stir in chicken, celery, pecans and dried cherries.
- Serve over lettuce or on a bun or croissant.
More Recipes You’ll Love:
- Light & Easy Chicken Salad Recipe from Joyful Healthy Eats
- Open Faced Salmon Sandwiches
- Asian Chicken Cranberry Salad from Reluctant Entertainer
- Tuna Cranberry Pecan Salad Sandwich
- Avocado Ranch Chicken Salad Wrap from Spend with Pennies