Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
I make oodles of strawberry desserts in the spring and summer and these Strawberry Cheesecake Bars sure hit the spot!
The trio of a shortbread crust, cheesecake filling and luscious, ripe sliced strawberry topping makes for a spectacular dessert!
Why You Should Make these Cheesecake Bars
- With a substantial sugar cookie-like crust, a thin cheesecake filling, and juicy, sliced strawberry topping, it’s hard to put these strawberry cheesecake bars into one solitary category. Are they cookie bars? Cookies? Cheesecake? I’m not going to make that determination, but instead, let you know they’re just plain delicious.
- They’re the perfect way to celebrate strawberry season as the focus is equally divided between the ripe, sweet strawberry slices and the cheesecake layer.
- These bars are a terrific way to get your cheesecake fix without a thick wedge of a traditional cheesecake!
Tips for Making These Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
Like all cheesecakes, there are a few tips for making these bars that will help you have the best results!
- Line your pan with non-stick foil. Besides helping you remove the bars without sticking, the foil makes for easy cleanup of your pan!
- Have all your refrigerated ingredients at room temperature for the cheesecake topping. Cream cheese, especially, does not blend smoothly when it’s cold.
- Make these bars when you can find beautiful red, fragrant berries. The presentation will be much better!
- I like to glaze berries with currant jelly. If you cannot find currant jelly, look for another red jelly, like raspberry.
A Virtual Baby Shower
My lovely blogger friend, Courtney, of NeighborFood, is expecting her first baby, a sweet BOY, next month. I’m so thrilled for you, Courtney, and cannot wait till you have that precious baby in your arms. I’m delighted to be celebrating this joyful occasion by baking you a special treat.
More Scrumptious Shower Dishes
So when I was invited to cook up something for Courtney’s virtual baby shower, I thought these cookie bars would be perfect for the mom-to-be! And check out what other delights are being served today:
- Twix Millionaire Bars from Wallflour Girl
- Strawberry Cheesecake Bars from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Spicy Tahini Palmiers from Food Lust People Love
- Button Cookies from The Redhead Baker
- No Churn Peanut Butter Ice Cream A Cookie Named Desire
- Mocha Coconut Frappuccino Pie from Melanie Makes
- Watermelon Lime Mocktails from The Live-In Kitchen
- Vegan Cheesy Pull-Apart Bread from Namely Marly
- Mango Pineapple Agua Fresca from Pineapple and Coconut
I want an invite to this party!! Doesn’t each dish sound spectacular??? Just click on the links to visit the other tasty recipes. And stop by Courtney’s blog to say hello to the mom-to-be.
More Tasty Berry Desserts
And if you’re looking for another strawberry dessert, these Vanilla Panna Cotta with Strawberry Gelee, are both delicious and elegant, and this Strawberry Filled Meringue Roulade is amazing!! I’m also drooling over the Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake from Life Currents blog!
- 5 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla paste (or extract)
- Sliced strawberries (8-12 depending on size. Toss slices in a bit of sugar if they aren't sweet enough)
- Currant jelly (or any red jelly), to glaze, optional
- Heat over to 350º.
- In a medium bowl blend thoroughly butter, brown sugar, and flour with a fork until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press the mixture into an 8x8-inch baking dish lined with nonstick foil; bake for 15 minutes.
- In another bowl combine sugar and cream cheese, mixing until smooth. Thoroughly beat in egg, sour cream, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- Spread over the baked crust.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool, then chill for at least 1 hour.
- Gently warm about a tablespoon of currant jelly and whisk to liquefy. Brush berries with jelly. Cut and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 166Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 80mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g