Warmer weather has finally hit our neck of the woods, so I turned to these tasty Open-Faced Salmon Sandwiches with Herb Cucumber Relish for some lighter fare.
This gourmet salmon sandwich was perfect for dinner on a hot summer’s evening!
Open-Faced Salmon Sandwiches
It was a balmy 85º on Tuesday and the perfect time to move from cold weather comfort food to entree salads and creative sandwiches. I chose a hearty dark pumpernickel bread for the base of this sandwich and whipped up a Hellmann’s® mayonnaise based relish filled with finely chopped cucumber, red onion, Dijon, and herbs. Move over tzatziki. This stuff tastes AMAZING!
I stacked a generously seasoned salmon fillet over a smear of the relish, some peppery baby arugula and juicy tomato slices. Another dollop of the relish was the crowning touch. Believe it or not, my picky crew enjoyed their salmon sandwiches. Bill’s comment was, “Incredible.” I can’t argue with that.
Stop at your local Walmart to purchase this Hellmann’s® Organic Mayonnaise located in the condiment aisle.
Hellmann’s® Organic Original Mayonnaise
Did you know that Hellmann’s now offers organic mayonnaise? I easily found Hellmann’s® Organic Original Mayonnaise in the condiment aisle at my local Walmart. Hellmann’s has been my go-to mayo since childhood.
From BLT’s to tuna salad to burgers, it has to be Hellmann’s. No other mayonnaise will do. Besides the classic version, Hellmann’s also introduced Organic Roasted Garlic Mayonnaise and Organic Spicy Chipotle Mayonnaise plus a vegan sandwich spread, Carefully Crafted Dressing and Sandwich Spread, which is free from cholesterol, eggs and artificial colors and flavors.
Imagine all the fun you could have using these quality products in dips, salad dressings and more. These days, you can’t be too careful about what you feed your family, so I’m delighted that these new organic Hellmann’s products are now on the shelves. Head over to Walmart and pick up a jar, or two, so you can make these terrific gourmet salmon sandwiches and more!Print
Open-Faced Salmon Sandwiches with Herb Cucumber Relish
A fabulous open-faced sandwich when you’re in the mood for some lighter fare.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Entree, Sandwich
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise (Hellmann’s® or Best Foods Organic Original Mayonnaise)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon. finely chopped fresh herbs, (dill, tarragon or parsley)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 slices pumpernickel bread, toasted
- 1 cup lightly packed arugula
- 4 slices beefsteak tomato
- 8 ounces salmon fillet, broiled or poached, cut into 4 pieces
- Combine Hellmann’s® Organic Original, cucumber, onion, herbs, and mustard in small bowl.
- Spread 1 tablespoon cucumber relish on each toast slice. Evenly top with arugula, tomato, salmon, then remaining relish.