Tuna, Cranberry, Pecan Salad Sandwich
This Tuna, Cranberry, Pecan Salad Sandwich prevents a hum-drum lunch or dinner with the addition of crunchy nuts and sweet, chewy dried fruit. Shake it up with your favorite add-ins.
If you love tuna salad, serve this in a lettuce leaf for a light lunch or between your favorite bread slices for a delicious, yet substantial meal!
Why You Must Make
The hubby was in sunny Las Vegas for a meeting and I was home not having to cook our usual meat and potatoes type dinner. I can whip up desserts all day long, but it’s often drudgery to come up with meal ideas. This easy tuna salad is simple and tasty!
- Grilled cheese, scrambled eggs, and tuna sandwiches are my go-to easy entrees for when I’m going solo.
- Adding dried cranberries for some sweetness and pecans for crunch make for an irresistible sandwich filling.
- And a squeeze of lemon juice added to the mayo is my secret weapon; if you love tuna salad, you must try this loaded Tuna Salad Sandwich recipe.
From the comments: I purchased a loaf of cranberry nut sourdough bread and put your tuna recipe on a couple of slices on it, Truly delicious. I grilled it in the oven with a couple pieces of laced swiss cheese. Oh so good!
There’s no reason not to tweak this Tuna Salad Sandwich to make it your very own.
- Not a fan of craisins? How about sliced seedless grapes instead?
- Nut allergy (or like my hubby “faux” nut allergy)? Leave them out, but add a bit of extra celery for some crunch.
- Are you a pickle fan? Diced sweet or dill would be terrific, and add some fresh dill if you like, too.
- Add a some lovely lettuce leaves and/or slices of fresh tomatoes to each sandwich.
- Bill would prefer his sandwich on sliced white bakery bread instead of a seedy roll, so pick out your favorite bread or rolls. I’m just thankful he will eat tuna. He begs for my tuna casserole every single Lenten season. I’d rather have this sandwich! If you’re not a tuna lover, this curried turkey salad sandwich is also fabulous. Hope you enjoy!!!
You May Also Like
- Ciabatta Cuban Sandwich
- Winter Salad with Apples, Pecans, Blue Cheese & Dried Cherries
- Tuna Salad with Fresh Dill
- More of my Best Seafood Recipes & Tips
- 2 5 or 6 ounce cans good quality tuna in oil or water, drained
- Juice of half a lemon
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 shallot, minced
- ½-1 stalk of celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 4 hearty or seedy rolls, sliced
- Lettuce, tomatoes, optional
- Mix tuna with mayonnaise and lemon juice to taste.
- Stir in shallots, celery, cranberries, and pecans. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on rolls with lettuce and tomatoes if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 656Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 1088mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 3gSugar: 14gProtein: 64g