Easy Mini Mexican Tarts
These Easy Mini Mexican Tarts are filled with sausage, salsa and cheese-filled and will disappear by halftime! My personal football fanatic taste testers gave these Tex-Mex Appetizers their seal of approval!
Mini Mexican Tarts
Oh, boy, the tension was growing. Our two favorite teams were still in the running, and I had to busy myself in the kitchen during the games as the family’s nervous energy was contagious.
So I went to work and whipped up some irresistible munchies for mid-game. Of course, the gang was way too wound up to eat, but when the game clock ticked down to zero, they were all over these mini Mexican tarts. And we toasted the double win with beer, sodas and my favorite Gallo wines.
Easy and Elegant Spicy Sausage Appetizers
These babies may look complicated, but I guarantee that these spicy mini Mexican tarts appetizers were a cinch to prepare. I oiled my Mini Muffin Pan, then inserted wonton wrappers into each cup.
Next, I sautéed up some Italian sausage with a touch of minced garlic, then added salsa, a can of chopped green chiles and some cheese. A spoonful of the spicy filling was scooped into each cup then popped in the oven.
To ensure the bottoms got crispy, the mini tarts were removed from the tin and placed on a Baking Sheet for another short stint in the oven. Cooled for a minute or two, these Tex-Mex Appetizers were ready for prime time. My football fans shoveled them into their mouths at a record pace.
If you have company, feel free to garnish these mini Mexican tarts with a little dollop of sour cream, sliced olives, cheese, cilantro or whatever tickles your fancy. These Mini Mexican Tarts will disappear at your game day party!
More Game Day Appetizers
- Bacon and Cheese Pretzel Bites by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Bacon Wrapped Bison Burger Sliders by Nosh My Way
- Baked Southwestern Eggrolls by Flavor Mosaic
- Buffalo Chicken Loaded Baked Sweet Potato Fries by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chorizo Cheese Dip by Casa de Crews
- Cuban Sandwich Sliders by Recipe for Perfection
- Mini Mexican Tarts by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mexican Chicken Meatballs with Queso by Curious Cuisiniere
- Pizza Quinoa Bites by Alida’s Kitchen
- Rosemary White Bean Dip by Magnolia Days
- Salt and Pepper Chicken Wings by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Spicy Sticky Chicken Wings and Onion Rings by Nik Snacks
- Spicy Stuffed Mushrooms by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Sweet & Spicy Mango Meatballs by Peanut Butter and Peppers
You may need these supplies to make these mini Mexican Tarts:
- 3/4 pound mild Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup salsa (the less chunky, the better)
- 4 ounce can diced green chiles, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Olive oil
- 24 wonton wrappers
- Sour cream
- Diced red bell pepper
- Sliced olives
- Shredded cheese
- Cook sausage in large skillet, breaking it into small pieces. When sausage is no longer pink, add garlic and sauté a couple more minutes. Drain excess fat. Add salsa, cheeses, and chiles and cook for about 5 minutes, till mixture thickens. Taste and add salt and pepper, if needed. Cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 375º. Brush mini muffin tin with olive oil. Carefully press a wonton wrapper into each muffin cup. Fill each cup with a rounded tablespoon of the sausage mixture. Bake about 8 to 10 minutes, till edges of wontons start to brown.
- Remove tarts from muffin tin onto a baking sheet. Bake about 8 more minutes. Cool a few minutes, garnish as desired and serve warm.
Serving Size:2 tarts
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 232Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 487mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 11g