I can never resist a quick Asian inspired stir fry chicken recipe. This tasty Easy Cashew Chicken is no exception! Better than take out!
Easy Cashew Chicken
I’d much rather spend the day dusted in flour and covered with chocolate drips preparing a decadent dessert than making dinner. I DO want to eat something spectacular for my evening meal, but my heart isn’t always into fixing a recipe with a multitude of steps. Thank goodness McCormick has come to the rescue. I selected their Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry Skillet Sauce in hopes of creating a quick dinner that would please my hubby’s picky palate.
The result was a better than take out stir fry chicken. More wholesome ingredients and the bonus of knowing all the ingredients in your meal! Plus you can shake up the veggies to make your cashew chicken exactly how you want it.
Mis en Place
Are you familiar with the French term mis en place? The literal translation is set in place and refers to having all your ingredients measured, chopped and ready to go before you start cooking. This process can happen early in the day so when dinner time approaches, the task of cooking or baking is less daunting.
As pictured above, when making this easy cashew chicken,I had my meat and vegetables cut and cashews toasted. This allowed for more efficiency when I was ready to roll–just like a restaurant chef. Give it a try. And look for quality products, like McCormick’s Skillet Sauces, that can lighten your workload without compromising flavor.
I briefly marinated the chicken while I prepped the other ingredients. A quick stir fry of the vegetables and chicken was done in a flash, then I added McCormick’s Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry Sauce to finish off the dish. It took me less than a half hour to have this better than take out stir fry chicken ready and—drum roll—Bill gave it two thumbs up. So this cashew chicken was quick, tasty and a hubby pleaser. Can’t beat that!
Easy Cashew Chicken
A quick and healthy meal that will please your palate!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Entree, Chicken
- Method: Stir fry
- Cuisine: Asian
- 1/2–3/4 cup toasted cashews (toast in a 350º oven for 5 minutes or until fragrant, watch carefully)
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 1/2 cups snow peas
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- Vegetable oil
- McCormick Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry Skillet Sauce
- Cooked rice, for serving
- Combine oyster sauce, dry sherry and soy sauce in medium bowl. Add sliced chicken, toss to coat and set aside while prepping ingredients.
- Using a large skillet or fry pan, heat about a teaspoon of oil and add bell peppers. Sauté till they just start to soften, about 2 minutes. Remove to large bowl. Repeat with snow peas, adding another teaspoon of oil to the pan and sauté the snow peas till they turn bright green and soften slightly. Remove to bowl. Add scallions to bowl with vegetables.
- Add about a tablespoon of oil to the pan and sauté the chicken in one layer till browned on both sides. Add the McCormick Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry Skillet Sauce and cook till hot and chicken is cooked through, just a minute or two.
- Add the scallions, peppers, and snow peas and sauté for 1-2 minutes till hot. Add cashews and serve immediately over rice.