This Asian Beef with Peppers is an outstanding option for a healthy and quick weeknight meal!
Asian Beef with Peppers
Much as we love to grill in the summer, waiting on the charcoal to ignite is not always an option on a busy weeknight. A quick, flavorful stir-fry, like this dish for Asian Beef with Peppers, is a delightful option when time is of the essence.
Easy, Healthy and Flavorful!
This recipe started with a thinly sliced flank steak which was marinated while I chopped the vegetables and prepped the sauce. I don’t own a wok so used my paella pan for this speedy entree. A large saute pan works well, too. The beef is quickly cooked, then the peppers and scallions before they are both doused in a flavorful sauce. I had rice cooking concurrently so the whole meal was ready in less than a half hour.
Flank Steak Tips
My family adores beef. While I typically think of tenderloin fillets or rib eyes as “steak”, my children grew up with flank steak as another of their favorite steaks. And the price isn’t nearly as daunting as some of the finer cuts of beef. Typically, I’ll marinate our flank steaks overnight and toss them on the grill for one of our Sunday suppers.
Then I discovered flank steak is wonderful for stove top meals as well. Just be sure to watch your cooking times as this cut will be tender when cooked to a medium rare. And slicing against the grain is also the way to go. Just look for the lines or fibers running across the meat, and cut thin slices at a 45º angle to these fibers. This way, you’ll have the most tender bites of meat in your dish.Print
Asian Beef with Peppers #WeekdaySupper
A speedy beef stir fry with amazing Asian flavors! And ready in a half hour or less.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 1 pound flank steak
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Mirin (rice wine)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided (add more if needed)
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon chile-garlic sauce (I used Sriracha), or to taste
- 2–3 bell peppers, cut lengthwise into 1/4 inch wide strips
- 4–6 scallions, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Slice flank steak across the grain into ¼ inch thick slices. Cut larger slices in half if desired. Put slices into a medium bowl with soy sauce, cornstarch, rice wine, garlic, ginger, ½ tsp. salt, sugar, and 2 teaspoons of oil and toss. Set aside.
- Stir together oyster sauce, and chile-garlic sauce in a small bowl.
- Heat large saute pan or wok over high heat. Add 2 teaspoons of oil, then add beef in one layer. Cook, without stirring for about a minute, toss and cook for another minute. Do not overcook.Transfer meat and any juices to a plate.
- Add remaining oil, then bell pepper, scallions, and remaining ½ tsp salt. Stir-fry 30 seconds, then add reserved beef with any juices and oyster sauce mixture. Stir-fry until sauce thickens slightly, about 30 seconds, then transfer to a serving dish.
I’m loving the sound of this flavorful Pad Thai Sauce! Keep it on hand for another quick delicious weeknight meal!
And MORE wonderful beef recipes from my Sunday Supper friends:
Monday – Banh Mi Burger by Crazy Foodie Stunts
Tuesday – Secret Ingredient Sliders by girlichef
Wednesday – Deluxe Cheeseburger Kabobs by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
Thursday – Asian Beef with Peppers by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Friday – Steak Quesadillas by The Foodie Army Wife
Check out all the beef recipes on the Beef – Let’s Celebrate board on Pinterest!
Follow The Beef Checkoff on their social media sites:
Website, Twitter, Facebook , and Pinterest
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement. Disclosure: This post is sponsored by The Beef Checkoff. All opinions are my own.