Strawberry Vanilla Cream Pie
This heavenly Strawberry Vanilla Cream Pie is cool, sweet, and irresistible. Perfect for all your entertaining needs and always a showstopper!
Chock full of luscious, ripe berries nestled within a velvety vanilla, cream cheese, and whipped cream filling, this Easy Strawberry Pie Recipe makes a delicious, memorable dessert.
Why You Must Make
- This is the perfect dessert whenever you find beautiful, fragrant strawberries at the market.
- There’s a double dose of strawberries with mashed strawberries in the filling and a spectacular strawberry arrangement on top.
- I shared this will a group of friends after we went out to dinner, and they practically licked their plates clean!
- Kitchen Staples – Sugar, Butter
- Graham Cracker Crumbs – Can purchase a box of graham cracker crumbs or make your own in the food processor using graham crackers.
- Cream Cheese – at room temperature to make the smoothest filling
- Vanilla – Use real vanilla extract never imitation
- Lemon Extract – I use Penzey’s brand, but McCormick should have lemon extract in the baking aisle.
- Fresh Strawberries – See notes below on how to find the best strawberries.
- Heavy Whipping Cream – 36% butterfat.
- Powdered Sugar – Sift first so all lumps are removed.
- The base of this dessert is a classic graham cracker crust. I baked mine, but you could easily just pat the crumbs into the springform pan and chill. It may crumble more if not baked.
- Mashed strawberries were added to sweetened cream cheese, then whipped cream was folded in to lighten the mixture. It was then poured over the crust, and the ungarnished pie went into the fridge.
- PRO-Tip: Make sure to have your cream cheese at room temperature for easy mixing.
- Before serving, create a decorative pattern with sliced berries for a fancy schmancy presentation, but topping with whole or halved berries would be just as lovely.
- Look for red, unblemished strawberries. If the seeds look brown, they may not be as fresh as you’d like.
- Start by working from the outside in to make the pretty strawberry topper. Adding a whole berry to the center completes the flower-like appearance.
- PRO-Tip: Use a serrated knife and saw back and forth to cut through the strawberry topping.
- This wasn’t the easiest pie to slice, but it was certainly one of the tastiest! And the presentation will make jaws drop!! Win-win!!
Frequently Asked Questions
A springform pan is most often used to bake cheesecakes. It has removable sides that helps release the dish from the pan more easily than from a one-piece dish.
Use your senses. First, check their color. They should be red without green or yellow areas around the stem end. The skin should have a slight sheen. The seeds across the surface should not be brown or appear dehydrated. There should be no visible signs of spoiling like soft or moldy spots. Inspect the clear container on all sides.
Then use your sense of smell. They should smell sweet, with fruity and floral notes. Without any aroma, they most likely will be lacking in flavor.
You May Also Like
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake No-Churn Ice Cream from Cupcakes & Kale Chips.
- Perfect Vanilla Cheesecake
- Vanilla Bean Instant Pot Cheesecake
- Vanilla Panna Cotta
- Mini Vanilla Flans
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake Shooters
- More Pies and Tarts
Strawberry Vanilla Cream Pie Recipe
This creamy vanilla pie is chock full of strawberry bits plus topped with a sunburst of strawberry slices
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 16 ounces (2 packages) cream cheese; at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 cups (plus more for topping) strawberries; sliced
- 2 cups cold heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350º. Remove the base from the 9-inch springform pan and wrap it with nonstick foil. Attach the rim back onto the base and set it aside.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter till well combined. Pat onto the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 8 minutes, then cool completely.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and lemon extract until well blended.
- Mash 2 cups of strawberry slices, and stir into the cream cheese mixture.
- Whip cream with powdered sugar until stiff peaks form; fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Scrape onto the cooled crust and smooth the top with an offset spatula. Chill for several hours or overnight.
- Before serving, garnish with sliced strawberries as desired.
This is best made when strawberries are in season. Look for bright red, fragrant berries for the tastiest results.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 518Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 114mgSodium: 402mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 0gSugar: 23gProtein: 12g
47 Comments on “Strawberry Vanilla Cream Pie”
This was a huge hit when I made it the other day! Not any leftover.
So easy to make and SO delicious, especially for this time of the year when strawberries are in their best.
Loved the graham cracker crust! This turned out so beautifully!
This is definitely a showstopping dessert that everyone loved! So pretty and perfect for any occasion!
This pie tasted so fresh and creamy, we devoured it!