This Hearts of Palm, Artichoke, Avocado, and Butter Lettuce Salad is not light on flavor, but would be the perfect dish to “Lighten Up Your Holiday Table.”
Hearts of Palm, Artichoke, Avocado, and Butter Lettuce Salad
When my sister was in town, she raved about the Vaca Frita she had made earlier in the month. Whenever I get together with my sisters, we are bound to cook.
We decided that Cuban beef would be our dinner, and searched for a salad to complement it. Maddy spotted some hearts of palm in my pantry so we knew those had to be part of the deal.
We added some diced red onion and poblanos to this hearts of palm, artichoke, avocado, and butter lettuce salad, then drizzled it with a simple champagne vinegar and olive oil dressing.
Lighter Recipes for Thanksgiving
If your Thanksgiving table is anything like ours, it’s filled with carbs. Mashed potatoes, stuffing, fruit salad covered in whipped cream and rolls are a given. We eat it all and fall into a post-meal coma.
Then comes the pies and we do it all again. SO, the Sunday Supper crew figured we could share some lightened up dishes for our holiday table for those who want to make it to 8 PM without lapsing into a deep slumber.
This hearts of palm salad would be a marvelous option. Of course, we’d still make all the regulars, but I’d save a spot on my plate for a big serving of butter lettuce with all the toppings and tantalizing dressing. And there would be no guilt when I went back for seconds.
More Salad Recipes You’ll Love
- Tomato Salad with Hearts of Palm, Olives and Feta from Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Cold Beet Salad
- Best Caesar Salad Recipe
- Spinach Almond and Berries Salad
- Holiday Lettuce Salad
- More of the Best Salad Recipes
- 1 (14-ounce) can small artichoke hearts in water, drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can hearts of palm, cut into medium chunks, drained
- 1/2 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 poblano pepper, seeded, ribbed, and finely chopped
- 1 head butter lettuce, rinsed, dried and chopped
- 1-2 avocados, cut in large chunks
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the artichoke hearts, hearts of palm, cucumber, onion, poblano, and lettuce. Add the avocado. Whisk together vinegar and olive oil. Add a good pinch of salt and pepper to the dressing and drizzle over salad. Carefully mix, taking care not to break up the avocados. Add more salt and pepper to taste if needed.