Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Muffins are a delicious breakfast indulgence combining pumpkin bread and cheesecake. Sounds delightful, right?
Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Muffins
I took our family recipe for pumpkin bread and pushed it to another level! A dollop of sweetened cream cheese transformed simple pumpkin muffins into a tantalizing treat. And a sprinkling of demerara sugar gave these the sparkle they deserved.
Add these Pumpkin Muffins to your holiday breakfast or brunch menu
I hosted a coffee last week and needed a few baked goodies for my dear friends. Smack dab in the middle of autumn, a pumpkin dish was in order. Despite having more spices, my first attempt was rather bland. So I went back to my tried and true pumpkin bread recipe and created an even more appealing version of these cream cheese filled pumpkin muffins.
The cream cheese filling bakes along with the pumpkin batter and you may find a little gap when you cut into your muffin or a divot in the top…but do not worry, they will still taste amazing. You can add a little lemon juice for tang, vanilla or even a couple drops of Fiori di Sicilia (a citrusy vanilla flavoring from King Arthur Flour) to the cream cheese. Adapt it to your liking.
Things you may need for this recipe:
Twelve Loaves November Theme: Pumpkin!
#TwelveLoaves is a monthly bread baking party created by Lora from Cake Duchess and run with the help of Heather of girlichef, which runs smoothly with the help of our bakers. Our host this month is Renee from Kudos Kitchen by Renee, and our theme is Pumpkin. For more bread recipes, visit the #TwelveLoaves Pinterest board, or check out last month’s tempting selection of #TwelveLoaves Apple Breads!
- Cranberry Pumpkin Rolls from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Muffins from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Crusty Pumpkin Rosemary Bread from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Giant Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls from girlichef
- Pumpkin Challah Bread from Cake Duchess
- Pumpkin Chocolate Pocky Muffins from NinjaBaking.com
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls from A Shaggy Dough Story
- Pumpkin Seed Breadsticks from Never Enough Thyme
- Savory Ginger Pumpkin Spice Bread from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Spice Pumpkin Bread from Basic N Delicious
If you’d like to add your bread to this month’s #TwelveLoaves collection, here’s what you need to do:
- Post your Twelve Loaves bread on your blog, making sure to mention the Twelve Loaves challenge in your blog post (this helps us to get more members as well as share everyone’s posts).
- Please link your post to the linky tool at the bottom of this blog. The bread MUST meet the Twelve Loaves theme (enter theme).
- Share your Twelve Loaves bread (must be baked and posted this month) on your blog by enter the last day of the month.
Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Muffins
These muffins are like eating pumpkin bread AND cheesecake for breakfast!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 16 muffins
- Category: Breakfast, Brunch
- 1 cup pumpkin purée (about half a standard 15-ounce can)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or lemon juice
- Coarse sugar for sprinkling tops, optional
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Line muffin tin with paper liners and spray liners with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk together the pumpkin, eggs, brown sugar, oil, salt, spices, baking powder, and baking soda. Add flour and mix till just combined. Stir in water.
- Put the cream cheese in a medium bowl. Stir in the sugar and vanilla (or lemon juice if you prefer).
- Put a scant 2 tablespoons of pumpkin batter into each muffin cup.Scoop a rounded teaspoon of the cream cheese filling and drop it in the center of the pumpkin batter. Top with another 2 tablespoons of pumpkin batter. Sprinkle with coarse sugar if desired
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or till toothpick inserted into muffin comes out clean. Cool pan on rack for about 5 minutes, then remove muffins from pan to finish cooling.