While the berries are ripe and juicy, it’s time to whip up this exquisite Strawberry Cheesecake Lush Dessert!! This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Strawberry Cheesecake Lush
I’ve been seeing “lush” recipes all over the Internet. I’m not exactly sure what a lush is, but they all seem to be dreamy, creamy, no-bake fruit desserts. I’d say the majority have whipped topping and many use pudding mixes. The temptation to make a luscious “lush” dessert has been gnawing away at me all summer. Especially after drooling over these 21 No Bake Layered Dessert Lush Recipes! Plus, any dessert where you don’t have to turn on the oven, like this Peanut Butter Cookie Lasagna, is perfect for summer. No-bake desserts are wonderful for those sultry days.
I decided to try my hand on a Cool Whip and pudding free version, hoping it would be tasty enough to deserve the “lush” title. With such beautiful summer berries available, I started experimenting with a strawberry cheesecake lush! It turned out to be heaven on a plate! The hubby gave this Strawberry Cheesecake Lush his seal of approval, too. If you love strawberry desserts as much as I do, check out this retro Mile High Strawberry Pie recipe, too.
Summer Dessert Week Recipes:
Welcome to the first #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. We’re so glad that you’ve joined us for this week long event of desserts and giveaways. You’re going to love what we have in store for you.
There are 25 amazing bloggers participating in this year’s event! Throughout the week we’ll be share tons of fantastic summer dessert recipes with you. With over 70 recipes being shared this week we just know that you’re going to find a new summer favorite! Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today! And don’t forget to scroll down to see the amazing giveaway packages from our sponsors! Follow the Rafflecopter prompts to enter.
Ice Cream Recipes:
- Triple Chocolate Cherry Kahlua Ice Cream from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
No Bake Treats:
- Homemade Snow Cone Syrup from Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Strawberry Cheesecake Lush Dessert from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Covered Bourbon Soaked Cherries from The Whimsy One
- Summer Fruit Dessert Pizza from Big Bear’s Wife
- Fruit Swirled Madeleines from Daily Dish Recipes
- Mini Cherry Almond Galettes from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Baby Blueberry Cobblers from The Domestic Kitchen
- Sweet Corn and Raspberry Layer Cake from Sweet ReciPeas
- Chocolate Sugar Cookies from Jen Around the World
Used in This Recipe:Print
Strawberry Cheesecake Lush Dessert
An exquisite layered strawberry dessert. Adapted from numerous recipes including Small Town Woman.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 24 servings
- 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup sugar, I used Dixie Crystals
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, I used Land o’ Lakes
- 16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar, I used Dixie Crystals
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, I used Adam’s Best
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 1/2 cups strawberries, divided (1 1/2 cups chopped and 3 cups sliced)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, I used Dixie Crystals
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, I used Adam’s Best
- Spray 9 x 13 pan with non-stick cooking spray. Mix together crust ingredients and press onto the bottom of the pan. Chill.
- In a stand mixer with paddle attachment, mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until light and creamy. Fold in sour cream and chopped strawberries. Spread over crust. Freeze for an hour to allow filling to firm up.
- Layer sliced strawberries over filling.
- Whip cream with powdered sugar and vanilla and spread over berries. Serve chilled.
The #SummerDessertWeek Giveaway!!!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving one winner a $100 Willimas Sonoma Gift Card OR a $100 Sur la Table! Winner of prize #1 gets to pick which gift card they would like!
Prize #2 — Rainier Fruit is giving one winner a Pie dish, Cherry Pitter, Serving Spatula, Pinch Bowls, Pie Carrier! Everything you need to make the perfect cherry or blueberry pie!
Prize #3– OXO is giving one winner an 8 Piece Glass Bake, Serve & Store Set.
OXO Glass Bakeware is made of thermal shock resistant borosilicate glass, which means it can go from freezer to oven without the need to thaw. The OXO 8 Piece Glass Bake, Serve & Store Set is the perfect partner for all of your baking adventures. The Set includes a Glass 3 Qt Baking Dish, Glass 2 Qt Baking Dish, Glass Loaf Pan, Glass Pie Plate, 1 Cup Round SNAP Container, and 2 Cup Round SNAP Container.
Prize #4 — Adam’s Extract is giving one winner a Pyrex with baking utensils and 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Pure Lemon, Almond, Peppermint and Vanilla.
Prize #5 — General Mills Cereal is giving one winner 4 boxes of cereal, 2 Big G Cereal character bowls, 2 Big G Cereal character , 2 “Good Morning” spoons, 2 Cheerios tumblers with straws 1 long-sleeve Cereal Character hooded t-shirt, 1 short-sleeve Cereal Character t-shirt.
Prize #6 — Land O’Lakes is giving one winner a branded insulated tote with a stainless steel water bottle, two mugs with cocoa mix, a dish towel and coasters.
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older.. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 24th until July 30th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterwards and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Rainier Fruit, OXO, Adam’s Extract, Land O’Lakes and General Mills Cereal! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.