While the berries are ripe and juicy, it’s time to whip up this exquisite Strawberry Cheesecake Lush Dessert!! There’s no baking involved in making this dreamy recipe that’s perfect for summer dining!
Strawberry Cheesecake Lush
I’ve been seeing “lush” recipes all over the Internet. I’m not exactly sure what a lush is, but they all seem to be dreamy, creamy, no-bake fruit desserts. I’d say the majority have whipped topping and many use pudding mixes. The temptation to make a luscious “lush” dessert has been gnawing away at me all summer. Especially after drooling over these 21 No Bake Layered Dessert Lush Recipes! Plus, any dessert where you don’t have to turn on the oven, like this Peanut Butter Cookie Lasagna, is perfect for summer. No-bake desserts are wonderful for those sultry days.
I decided to try my hand on a Cool Whip and pudding free version, hoping it would be tasty enough to deserve the “lush” title. With such beautiful summer berries available, I started experimenting with a strawberry cheesecake lush! It turned out to be heaven on a plate! The hubby gave this Strawberry Cheesecake Lush his seal of approval, too. If you love strawberry desserts as much as I do, check out this retro Mile High Strawberry Pie recipe, too.
Tips for Making a No-Bake Lush Dessert
A lush isn’t something that was around when I was a child, but is typically unbaked and similar to what you might know as a dessert lasagna, icebox dessert or no-bake pudding cake. It’s layered starting with a graham cracker or cookie crust, pudding and whipped cream or Cool Whip.
- My inspiration for this strawberry cheesecake lush used Cool Whip, but I prefer less processed ingredients so used a substitute made of real whipped cream and cream cheese.
- For a summer, no-bake dessert, do not bake the crust. It’s not as firmed as had if spent some time in the oven, but it also can be baked and cooled before proceeding with the recipe. Bake at 350º for about 10 minutes.
- To make the filling, the cream cheese must be at room temperature for the best results. It will mix with the other ingredients much better when soft.
- On the other hand, the whipped cream will whip best when both the cream and the bowl are well chilled.
- An offset spatula is the perfect tool for spreading even layers.
- For company, have fresh strawberries to garnish each slice!
More Summer Dessert Recipes You’ll Love:
- Homemade Snow Cone Syrup from Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Fresh Strawberry Tartlets from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Summer Fruit Dessert Pizza from Big Bear’s Wife
- Mixed Berry Torte from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Fruit Swirled Madeleines from Daily Dish Recipes
- Berry Topped Chocolate Silk Tart from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mini Cherry Almond Galettes from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Favorite Summer Recipes from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Baby Blueberry Cobblers from The Domestic Kitchen
Products Used to Make This Dessert:Print
Strawberry Cheesecake Lush Dessert
An exquisite layered strawberry dessert. Adapted from numerous recipes including Small Town Woman.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 24 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup sugar, I used Dixie Crystals
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, I used Land o’ Lakes
- 16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar, I used Dixie Crystals
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, I used Adam’s Best
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 1/2 cups strawberries, divided (1 1/2 cups chopped and 3 cups sliced)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, I used Dixie Crystals
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, I used Adam’s Best
- Spray 9 x 13 pan with non-stick cooking spray. Mix together crust ingredients and press onto the bottom of the pan. Chill.
- In a stand mixer with paddle attachment, mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until light and creamy. Fold in sour cream and chopped strawberries. Spread over crust. Freeze for an hour to allow filling to firm up.
- Layer sliced strawberries over filling.
- Whip cream with powdered sugar and vanilla and spread over berries. Serve chilled.
I did not bake the crust, so it was rather crumbly. If you’d like a firmer crust, bake it at 350 degrees for about 8-10 minutes. Cool before adding toppings.