Best Grilling Recipes
Our grill is in service 12 months a year whether there’s rain, snow or sub-zero temperatures. Here are some of the Best Grilling Recipes from the blog for you to test out on your family!
Best Grilling Recipes
There was that time when our Big Green Egg grill was frozen shut. I was out of town so Bill and Nick carried it into the house to let it defrost. Mind you, this thing weighs a ton. And is full of charcoal and ash. That is determination! Obviously, we do a ton of grilling at our house, so over the years, I have collected plenty of barbecue recipes from entrees to desserts. Here are some favorite grilling recipes from the blog.
A terrific way to jazz up your poultry. The marinade is fabulous and the grill just adds more flavor: Grilled Thai Chicken
The Asian marinade is perfect with beef! And flank steak is one of our favorite cuts of meat to toss on the grill. Slice thinly on the diagonal to serve and you’ll be smitten, too: Korean Grilled Flank Steak
The flavors of scampi cooked on the BBQ! A little smoky flavor adds a delicious nuance to a classic shrimp dish: Grilled Shrimp Scampi
One of our favorite ways to eat salmon! A sweet glaze highlights the flavor of this meaty fish: Maple Glazed Salmon
The BEST lamb marinade! It’s wonderful on ALL cuts of lamb, but wonderful on chops: Grilled Lamb Chops with Mustard, Rosemary and Garlic
Pesto and crispy prosciutto make this one out of this world hamburger. Shake up your grilled cheeseburger with this fantastic twist: Italian Pesto Burger
Grilled peaches make this an extraordinary salad! Grill your peaches before you toss your entree on the grill. They’ll caramelize deliciously: Spinach Salad with Grilled Peaches and Blue Cheese
A simple way to jazz up your corn on the cob! Soak your corn in cold water before grilling, then experience how wonderful grilled corn tastes: Grilled Corn with Basil Butter
The hubby swooned over this smoke kissed dessert! Your grill is good for baking, too! : Grilled Apple Crisp
A grilled twist on this elegant classic! Again, grilling fruit concentrates the sugar and makes for an unforgettable dessert: Grilled Peach Melba
Summer Barbecue Recipes
I hope you’ve found at least summer barbecue recipe to try! What grilled dish does your family always request? Make sure to pin utilizing the Pinterest button to have access to all these best grilling recipes!
Why Grill Instead of Roasting?
- Grilling imparts a smoky flavor as well as a charred surface. But the size of the meat often will designate the cooking method.
- A large roast or turkey must be monitored more carefully if grilled, compared with chops, steaks or burgers which take much less time.
- The temperature of a gas grill is more easily regulated than a charcoal grill. Larger cuts of meat or whole birds can be cooked on charcoal grills but more coal may need to be added as it turns to ash.
- The browning, or Maillard reaction, occurs above 285º F, which occurs with both grilling and roasting, but the grilling process is generally is faster due to the higher temperature of most grills.
- So at our house, the taste of grilled foods wins over oven roasting, weather and time permitting!
More Grilling Recipes You’ll Love:
- Grilled Paprika Yogurt Chicken Kabobs from Cookin Canuck
- Mustard, Garlic, Lime Marinated Chicken
- 15 Kiss Ass Grill Recipes from Kiss My Smoke
- 25+ Grilling Recipes
- The Best Grilled Chicken Marinade from Chelsea’s Messy Apron