Best Grilling Recipes
Our grill is in service 12 months a year whether there is rain, snow, or sub-zero temperatures. Here are some of the Best Grilling Recipes from the blog for you to test out with your family no matter what time of year!
These Grilling Ideas range from entrees to appetizers to salads and desserts! Now you have many reasons to fire up the grill.
Why You’ll Love these Grilling Recipes
- When it’s summer and the days are hot and humid, cooking dinner outside is a spectacular idea!
- There are recipes for beef, chicken, pork, lamb, and even side dishes and dessert!
- Grilling adds a smoky flavor along with creating the Maillard reaction which you can read more about below.
There was that time when our Big Green Egg grill was frozen shut. I was out of town so Bill and Nick carried it into the house to let it defrost. Mind you, this thing weighs a ton. And is full of charcoal and ash. That is determination! Obviously, we do a ton of grilling at our house, so over the years, I have collected plenty of barbecue recipes from entrees to desserts. Here are some favorite grilling recipes from the blog.
The Asian marinade is perfect with beef! And flank steak is one of our favorite cuts of meat to toss on the grill. Slice thinly on the diagonal to serve and you’ll be smitten, too: Korean Grilled Flank Steak. This 3 Ingredient Flank Steak Marinade is a winner, as well.
The flavors of a margarita made for a delightfully delicious BBQ shrimp. Add this Grilled Margarita Shrimp recipe to your summer menu ASAP. A little smoky flavor adds a delicious nuance to a classic shrimp dish, too: Grilled Shrimp Scampi.
The BEST lamb marinade! It’s wonderful on ALL cuts of lamb, but wonderful on chops: Grilled Lamb Chops with Mustard, Rosemary and Garlic. Or make Greek Lamb Kebabs with a simple marinade.
Pesto and crispy prosciutto make this one out-of-this-world hamburger. Shake up your grilled cheeseburger with this fantastic twist: Italian Pesto Burger. If you are an avocado lover, you’ll go crazy for these Grilled Guacamole Burgers as well!
BBQ Side Dishes
Grilled peaches make this an extraordinary salad! Grill your peaches before you toss your entree on the grill. They’ll caramelize deliciously: Spinach Salad with Grilled Peaches and Blue Cheese
A simple way to jazz up your corn on the cob! Soak your corn in cold water before grilling, then experience how wonderful grilled corn tastes: Grilled Corn with Basil Butter
Grilled Dessert Recipes
A grilled twist on this elegant classic! Again, grilling fruit concentrates the sugar and makes for an unforgettable dessert: Grilled Peach Melba
Summer Barbecue Recipes
I hope you’ve found at least a couple of summer barbecue recipes to try! What grilled dish does your family always request? Make sure to pin this post using the Pinterest button to have access to all these best grilling recipes!
Why Grill Instead of Roasting?
- As mentioned above, grilling imparts delicious flavor. But the size of the meat often will designate the cooking method.
- A large roast or turkey must be monitored more carefully if grilled, compared to chops, steaks or burgers which take much less time.
- The temperature of a gas grill is more easily regulated than a charcoal grill. Larger cuts of meat or whole birds can be cooked on charcoal grills but more coal may need to be added as it turns to ash.
- PRO-Tip: The browning, or Maillard reaction, occurs above 285º F, which occurs with both grilling and roasting, but the grilling process is generally is faster due to the higher temperature of most grills. The reaction reduces sugars and proteins via a chemical reaction giving browned foods a most distinctive flavor!
- So at our house, the taste of grilled foods wins over oven roasting, weather and time permitting!
More of the Best BBQ Recipes:
- Mustard, Garlic, Lime Marinated Chicken
- 25+ Grilling Recipes
- 30+ Marinade Recipes
- The Best Grilled Chicken Marinade from Chelsea’s Messy Apron
- 15 Kiss Ass Grill Recipes from Kiss My Smoke
- Grilled Paprika Yogurt Chicken Kabobs from Cookin Canuck
- Plus, check all my Best Grilled Recipes in my recipe index.