Moist and scrumptious, these Cinnamon Zucchini Muffins are a marvelous way to start your morning! The gentle kiss of cinnamon push these gems over the top.
Easy Zucchini Muffins with a gentle kiss of cinnamon are perfect for a quick breakfast or snack. Simple to prepare, they are a summer favorite!
Cinnamon Zucchini Muffins
There are two particular picky eaters in my immediate family. The hubby has zucchini on his list of dreaded vegetables along with sugar snap peas, rainbow carrots, and Brussels sprouts. He claims he just has a discerning palate. Ha! The persnickety daughter is even worse. She’ll eat spinach in stuffed shells and my spinach souffle, but that’s it as far as veggies go. But adding a generous amount of shredded zucchini to a batch of muffins piqued her interest, even the bits of green didn’t dissuade her!
Kid-Friendly Zucchini Muffins
Katie does enjoy my zucchini bread so I transformed a tried and true recipe into muffins for a quick, delicious breakfast with the bonus of being chock full of veggies. Who wouldn’t want to start the day with one of these Easy Zucchini Muffins???? It’s a muffin, not a cupcake, so it’s perfectly legal for breakfast, right? Katie was a fan, so I know these cinnamon zucchini muffins were winners.
And if you’re looking for more muffin recipes, I’m loving the look of these Blueberry Muffins with Crumb Topping and these Glazed Apple Coffeecake Muffins! Katie also endorses these Buttermilk Bran Muffins and Pumpkin Muffins. For more muffins and quick breads, check out my Bread Recipes.
Tip of the day: Do not over mix muffin batter. Once the liquid is added to the dry ingredients with the leavening, stir by hand just until moistened. Over mixing will cause tunnels and peaked versus rounded tops like in my cinnamon zucchini muffins.
- 1 pound zucchini, unpeeled and grated
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 375º. Line muffin tin with 12 paper liners. Line two ½ cup ramekins with paper liners. Set aside.
- Put shredded zucchini in strainer over a bowl and toss with the 2 tablespoons sugar. Allow to drain for about 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the remaining ¾ cup sugar, ½ cup brown sugar, yogurt, 2 eggs, lemon juice, vanilla and butter. Set aside.
- Squeeze zucchini to remove excess liquid, then stir zucchini into yogurt mixture. When well mixed, add flour mixture and stir till just combined. Scoop about ¼ cup of batter per muffin. Bake for about 22-25 minutes or till toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean. Cool for about 10 minutes then remove muffins to cooling rack.
Serving Size:1 muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 40mg Sodium: 216mg Carbohydrates: 23g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 9g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g