Mozzarella Baked Rigatoni
This extra cheesy Mozzarella Baked Rigatoni is the king of comfort food with cheese stuffed pasta, marinara, and even more cheese sprinkled over the top before it’s baked.
Each pasta tube is filled with string cheese, then packed into a springform pan making a show-stopping Rigatoni Recipe when the sides are removed!
Why You Must Make this Rigatoni Pasta Bake
- The flavors are simple and classic: Mozzarella, Marinara, and Pasta!
- It’s the perfect meatless meal.
- Nothing shouts comfort more than cheesy pasta!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Rigatoni?
Rigatoni is a ribbed, tube pasta with a wide opening.
How Do You Stuff Rigatoni?
If you’re using cheese sticks to stuff your pasta, trim them to fit into the pasta tube. If you’re using a soft filling like ricotta, use a piping bag with a tip that’s slightly smaller than the opening and squeeze the filling into the tube until it’s filled.
What Do You Serve with a Pasta Bake?
Garlic Bread is a classic pairing or a crusty bread with herbed olive oil for dipping is a nice accompaniment. Add dried basil, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, and even a drizzle of aged balsamic vinegar to jazz up the oil.
A nice crisp green salad is another tasty menu addition. And simple roasted vegetables would be delicious, too.
How to Make this Stuffed Rigatoni Pie
- Cook your pasta in well-salted water, drain and let cool.
- Trim your cheese sticks if needed so they can be inserted into your rigatoni. I cut mine lengthwise, pressed into the noodle, then trimmed again so the cheese was flush with the top of the pasta.
- One by one, Arrange the stuffed pasta upright in a springform pan, starting at the edge and working your way to the middle. Fit tightly.
- Pour the marinara over the pasta, then sprinkle with the shredded cheese, and bake as directed.
Recommended Side Dishes:
- The Best Caesar Salad Recipe
- Italian Chopped Salad Recipe
- Easy Roasted Green Beans
- Homemade Garlic Bread
More Tasty Pasta Recipes:
- Lasagna from 365 Days of Baking
- Ricotta Stuffed Pasta Shells
- The Best Spaghetti Sauce
- Spaghetti Casserole
- More of the Best Pasta Recipes
Don’t Forget to Subscribe!
Have you subscribed to my weekly newsletter? You’ll get the latest blog recipes plus some seasonal favorites delivered to your inbox every Saturday morning! And as a bonus, you’ll receive a series of 5 Tips & Recipes for Leveling Up Your Desserts! Of course, you can unsubscribe at any time!!
SUBSCRIBE HERE—> https://bit.ly/3tLQIcL
This recipe is part of a series with my blogger friend, Danielle, of Hugs & Cookies! I made her Cheesy Rigatoni Cake this month and we all loved it. Thanks for another winner!
- 1 pound Rigatoni
- 3 cups Marinara Sauce (I used a 32 oz jar of Rao's)
- 2 12-ounce packages String Cheese, cut to fit into each noodle
- 8 ounces Shredded Mozzarella
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Cook pasta according to the box instructions in well-salted water. Drain and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Grease an 8-inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Place a piece of string cheese in each noodle and start arranging them upright n the pan. Start at the outside and work your way to the center. Fit tightly.
- Pour the sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese, then the Parmesan.
- Place on a foil-lined baking sheet to catch any drips, then cover the pan with foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove the foil and bake another 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool for 15 minutes before removing the sides. Cut into wedges or spoon out portions.
Allow plenty of time to stuff the rigatoni. It is a bit tedious, but you'll love the results!
I needed to cut my string cheese sticks in half lengthwise to fit inside each noodle, then trim the excess from the top after insertion.
Adapted from Hugs and Cookies (who was inspired by Hello, Yummy's Honeycomb Pasta Bake.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 425Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 1018mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 26g
Thatskinnychickcanbake.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although thatskinnychickcanbake.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased can change the nutritional information in any given recipe. Also, many recipes on thatskinnychickcanbake.com recommend toppings, which may or may not be listed as optional and nutritional information for these added toppings is not listed. Other factors may change the nutritional information such as when the salt amount is listed “to taste,” it is not calculated into the recipe as the amount will vary. Also, different online calculators can provide different results. To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in any given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information obtained is accurate.