Spaghetti Pie with Sour Cream is a family friendly pasta dish. Easy to make, this is delicious comfort food with an Italian flare!
Easy Baked Spaghetti Pie with Sour Cream
I’d never heard of spaghetti pie till I moved to Indiana. This seemed to be a popular dish among families here, and typically made with a crust of spaghetti, a layer of cottage cheese followed by ground beef, spaghetti sauce and cheese. I clipped this recipe from the paper years ago; this version appealed to me because it was a spaghetti pie with sour cream instead of cottage cheese.
This Italian inspired pie is one of those dishes I whip up when I have some of leftover spaghetti sauce or marinara in the freezer. My favorite part of this Spaghetti Casserole is the very edge of the crust, slightly eggy, with few crispy noodles.
Tips for a Spaghetti Casserole
This Easy Spaghetti Pie is family friendly and got my family’s seal of approval. It can be tweaked in numerous ways to make it your own.
- I love this version with sour cream instead of cottage cheese, but you can go back and use cottage cheese, ricotta or even cream cheese instead.
- Use Italian sausage instead of ground beef or throw in some sauteed mushrooms (that would be taboo at my house!).
- I simply season the ground beef with salt. Adding Italian spices would jazz this up even more.
- You can also add some minced onion and garlic while sauteing the beef for additional flavor. I like keeping it simple for an easy weeknight meal.
- If you want to make this spaghetti pie ahead of time, it freezes well.
- Just wrap the unbaked “pie” with foil and/or plastic wrap and freeze. When you’re ready to serve, bake at 325º for 1 1/2 hours or till cooked through and cheese is melted and bubbly.
Steps to Make Spaghetti Pie with Sour Cream
- The crust is composed of cooked spaghetti noodles, 2 beaten eggs and some Parmesan cheese.
- Next, these noodles are mixed with the eggs and Parmesan.
- Then, they are poured into poured into a greased pie dish.
- After than there are layers of sour cream, cooked ground beef, spaghetti sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for about 25 minutes and dinner is served!
What’s not to love about this spaghetti pie? This is definitely a family friendly recipe. It would be easy to double or triple and bake in a 9 x 13 pan for a crowd.
More Comfort Food You’ll Love:
- Shepherd’s Pie from Amanda’s Cookin’
- Slow Cooker King Ranch Chicken Soup from Melanie Makes
- The Best Meatloaf
- Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells
- Spicy Penne with Tomatoes and Havarti
- Chili Relleno Casserole
- Chicken Feta Casserole
- Cheesy Baked Pasta with Prosciutto
- More Pasta Recipes
- More Entree Recipes
You may need these supplies to make the spaghetti pie recipe:
This recipe was first posted in January, 2012. Photos and text were updated in 2019.
- 6 ounces spaghetti, cooked and cooled
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup Parmesan
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked with 1 teaspoon seasoning salt, crumbled and drained
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella
- 8 ounces meatless spaghetti sauce/marinara
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease a 9 inch pie plate.
- Combine spaghetti, eggs and Parmesan. Pour mixture into pie plate. Top with sour cream, then ground beef, spaghetti sauce, and finally the mozzarella.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 514 Total Fat: 32g Saturated Fat: 15g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 181mg Sodium: 980mg Carbohydrates: 19g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 6g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 36g