I took this Herb Garlic Bread to a dinner party where it was devoured with gusto. Using a 5-grain bread gave a minutia of wholesomeness.
This Homemade Garlic Bread is so easy, you’ll never grab a grocery store version again! With a fresh loaf of Italian bread, real garlic, and butter, the flavor cannot be rivaled! The addition of parsley brightens up every slice. It’s perfect for company!
Herb Garlic Bread
This simple herb garlic bread is not dripping with butter but still packed with pure garlic deliciousness. The addition of Italian parsley adds a bit of color along with an underlying freshness.
You could certainly add a teaspoon or two of fresh basil, but we loved this as written. A drizzle of olive oil mixed with the butter provided another facet to the flavor profile. I’ll be making this homemade garlic bread again and again!
How to Make Garlic Bread
There are a couple of techniques for making homemade garlic bread. One way is to slice your loaf horizontally, making two long pieces. Then smear the garlic butter mixture on both cut sides of the loaf. Alternatively, and the method used for this bread, is to cut 1-inch slices almost all the way through the loaf. Then spread the garlic butter in between each slice. Whichever way you slice your bread, the next step is to wrap the bread in foil, and bake until the bread is warmed through, and the garlic butter is melted. Very simple.
Make-ahead tip: You can make this early in the day, wrap and keep at room temperature, then bake up right before dinner.
How Long to Bake Garlic Bread in the Oven
At 350 degrees, this garlic bread only takes 15-20 minutes to heat through. If there’s room in the oven while you have another dish baking at the same temperature, just add this homemade garlic bread during the last 20 minutes of baking time.
Easy Homemade Garlic Bread Recipe
Growing up, our menus had certain components. An entree was a given along with a vegetable. Sometimes we had a tossed green salad, and there was always a starch.
The latter rotated between potatoes and rice most nights, but often there would be a plate of sliced bread which we’d smear with softened butter if we were still hungry. Garlic bread was rare and always a special addition. Making this herbed version reminded me of what a treat having a couple of slices with dinner. I will be adding this easy garlic bread recipe to our menu all year long.
More Bread Recipes You’ll Love:
- One Hour Bread Recipe from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Herbed Buttermilk Biscuits
- Whole Wheat Challah
- Homemade Monkey Bread
- More Homemade Bread Recipes
- 1 loaf of Italian bread (or 5-grain Italian bread)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Slice loaf into 1-inch slices without cutting through to the bottom of the loaf. Set aside.
- Place garlic on a cutting board and sprinkle with salt. Chop and mash the garlic with a large, non-serrated knife to form a paste.
- Add the paste to a small bowl and mix in the butter and oil, then add the parsley. Spread this garlic butter between the bread slices then wrap the loaf in aluminum foil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Serve warm.
Adapted from Epicurious.com.
Serving Size:2 slices
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 294Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 478mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 7g