I took this Herb Garlic Bread to a dinner party where it was devoured with gusto. I substituted a 5-grain Italian bread for a minutia of wholesomeness.
This Homemade Garlic Bread is so easy, you’ll never grab a grocery store version again! With a fresh loaf, real garlic and butter, the flavor cannot be beat!
Herb Garlic Bread
This simple herb garlic bread is not dripping with butter, but still packed with pure garlic deliciousness. The addition of Italian parsley adds a bit of color along with an underlying freshness.
You could certainly add a teaspoon or two of fresh basil, but we loved this as written. A drizzle of olive oil mixed with the butter provided another facet to the flavor profile. I’ll be making this homemade garlic bread again and again!
Easy Homemade Garlic Bread Recipe
Growing up, our menus had certain components. An entree was a given along with a vegetable. Sometimes we had a tossed green salad, and there was always a starch.
The latter rotated between potatoes and rice most nights, but often there would be a plate of sliced bread which we’d smear with softened butter if we were still hungry. Garlic bread was rare and always a special addition. Making this herbed version reminded me of what a treat having warm garlic bread with dinner. I will be adding this easy garlic bread recipe to our menu all summer long.Print
Herb Garlic Bread
The perfect bread for nearly every meal! Who doesn’t love garlic bread??? Adapted from Epicurious.com.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Bread, Side Dish
- Method: Mixing, Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 loaf of 5-grain Italian bread or classic Italian bread
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Slice loaf into 1-inch slices without cutting through to the bottom of the loaf. Set aside.
- Place garlic on a cutting board and sprinkle with salt. Chop and mash the garlic with a large, non-serrated knife to form a paste.
- Add the paste to a small bowl and mix in the butter and oil, then add the parsley. Spread this garlic butter between the bread slices then wrap the loaf in aluminum foil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Serve warm.