Favorite Pumpkin Recipes
Autumn is approaching and peaches and berries are being replaced in my baking with apple and pumpkin recipes. I’m sharing my Favorite Pumpkin Recipes from the blog.
From breakfast to snacks to holiday recipes to desserts, here are 10 of the best pumpkin recipes I’ve made for my family plus a few more from some blogger friends.
The Best Pumpkin Recipes
When it comes to baking, the classic fall flavors include pumpkin, apple, pears, and cranberries to name a few. I must admit, I have a weak spot when it comes to pumpkin desserts. I have to restrain myself, though, since the picky hubby will eat pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving but that’s it! Here are ten of the tastiest pumpkin recipes from the blog.
Frequently Asked Questions
Every part of the pumpkin is edible except for the stem. The flesh can be used for pies, cakes, and bread, the seeds for snacks, the stringy “guts” can be used for broth, and the skin can also be eaten.
Pumpkin is a member of the gourd family along with watermelon, muskmelon, and squash. It is a fruit that’s native to North America.
Pumpkins sold for carving are not the best for cooking as they have less flesh than other varieties. Look for a pumpkin that’s heavy for its size, meaning it has more flesh available for cooking. It should also be unblemished. Smaller pumpkins are more tender than big ones.
They keep well at room temperature for up to a month and can be refrigerated for up to 3 months.
The flesh is sweet and mild. The seeds are nutty when roasted.
You May Also Like:
These are some fabulous pumpkin recipes that have caught my attention! Make good use of autumn, AKA pumpkin season, to treat your family to some of these terrific pumpkin dishes!
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes – These have a delicious gingersnap crust!
- Pumpkin Nutella Muffins from Inside BruCrew Life
- Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal with Vanilla Whipped Cream from Barefeet in the Kitchen
- How to Make a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Recipe Girl
- Pumpkin Cookie Dough Dip from Wine and Glue
- Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake from Wishes and Dishes
- 3 Ingredient Pumpkin Dump Cake from Spend with Pennies
- The Best Pumpkin Crumb Cake from The View from Great Island
- Pumpkin Tart with Pecan Crumble from Saving Room for Dessert
- Smoky Pumpkin Hummus from This Is How I Cook
- Layered Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
- Mini Pumpkin Bread – Perfect for holiday and hostess gifts
Stay in touch through social media @ Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Don’t forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes! And if you love the results, please give it a 5-star rating in the recipe card. Note: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Visit my Amazon Store for my favorite products.