Easy Pumpkin Fudge can give you the same delicious creamy, autumn spiced flavors of pumpkin pie generally reserved for Thanksgiving.
This Easy Fudge Recipe takes just minutes to make with pantry ingredients. If you love pumpkin treats, this recipe will rock your taste buds!
Easy Pumpkin Fudge Recipe
I was intrigued when I came across a few recipes for pumpkin fudge on the Internet. My family, die-hard chocolate fudge fans, were even more skeptical.
This was my basic fudge recipe with a few minor changes. First, some brown sugar replaced a cup of the granulated sugar. For the pumpkin twist, a half cup of pumpkin plus the same melange of spices I put in my pies were added.
Instead of semi-sweet chocolate chips, I stirred in white chocolate chips. If you don’t want any visible chocolate, I’d recommend chopping your white chocolate before adding. I find that chocolate chips are designed to keep their shape for the best results with chocolate chip cookie recipes but don’t always melt without some vigorous stirring.
My friends enjoyed the little bits of white chocolate interspersed in this easy fudge recipe. I took a batch across the street to share with my knitting group.
The two who were daring enough to eat fudge at 10 in the morning went back for seconds. I’d call that a ringing endorsement.
And I was determined not to leave one morsel in my saucepan after it was poured into my baking dish—I think that speaks a lot to the deliciousness of this easy pumpkin fudge recipe, too.
Tips for Making Pumpkin Fudge
If you’ve ever made the No-Fail Fudge recipe on the back of a jar of marshmallow creme, you can make this pumpkin fudge. Here are a few tips specifically for this pumpkin version.
- PRO-Tip: There is a major difference between a can of pumpkin pie filling and a can of pumpkin puree. You want the pumpkin puree which is just plain pumpkin with no sugar or spices added.
- I like adding a combination of cinnamon, ginger and cloves, the same spices I use in my pumpkin pie. If there are other pumpkin pie spices you like, feel free to add them to your fudge.
- Chop your white chocolate chips if you’d prefer a smooth textured pumpkin fudge.
- You can also use 12 ounces of chopped white chocolate if you’d like, though white chocolate bars will be more expensive than chocolate chips.
- PRO-Tip: Use Kraft Marshmallow Creme. A friend tried another one of my recipes using Marshmallow Fluff and it didn’t set well, so do not substitute.
- Using a candy thermometer helps ensure the fudge comes to the proper temperature, 234º.
More Pumpkin Recipes You’ll Love:
- White Chocolate Pumpkin Mousse from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Best Pumpkin Bars
- Pumpkin Roll Recipe
- Mini Pumpkin Bread
- Streusel Topped Pumpkin Bread
- Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
- More of the Best Pumpkin Recipes
- More Dessert Recipes
Things you might need in making this recipe:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups white chocolate chips, chopped
- 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Line a 9 x 9-inch baking pan with non-stick foil (this makes it easier to lift fudge out of the pan for cutting). For thinner fudge, you may use a 9 x 13 pan.
- Place sugar, brown sugar, evaporated milk, pumpkin, butter and spices in a medium saucepan. Bring to a full boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil, stirring constantly, for approximately 5 minutes or until candy thermometer reaches 234°. (I always use a thermometer to play it safe).
- Pull off the heat and immediately add in marshmallow creme, white chocolate chips and vanilla extract. Stir briskly until chocolate chips are melted. Pour into your into prepared pan and let cool on wire rack for about 2 hours. Cut into 1-inch pieces to serve. Store covered in refrigerator.
Total time does not include cooling time.
Serving Size:1 square
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 121Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 15mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 0gSugar: 22gProtein: 1g