Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip is the perfect dessert for cookie dough lovers! So rich, creamy, and chock full of chocolate chips and toffee! Whether or not you indulge in cookie dough when you’re baking, you’ll fall hard for this sweet dip recipe!
This Cookie Dough Recipe makes an irresistible Dessert Dip! Great for game day or casual gatherings.
Why You Must Make
If you love cookie dough as much as cookies, you’ll go crazy for this dessert dip!
- There are no raw eggs like in standard cookie dough, so it’s safe to eat.
- The raw flour can be cooked so it is safe to eat, too. It can contain e-coli bacteria which can bring on very unpleasant symptoms.
- PRO-Tip: Spread your flour on a baking sheet and place in a preheated 350º oven for 5 minutes. The flour should reach 160º which is hot enough to kill the bacteria.
- It’s absolutely irresistible and tastes a heck of a lot like chocolate chip cookie dough!
How to Make
There are gobs of dessert dip recipes around the web. This Dunkaroo Dip is basically 3 ingredients! Can you see why this category of sweets is so popular???
This cookie dough recipe is simple and fabulous.
- Blend soft butter and cream cheese, sugars, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add Heath bar chunks and chocolate chips, and stir by hand to combine.
- Serve with Biscoff cookies and apple slices.
This is one of the easiest desserts you’ll ever make! It’s just as appropriate for a girls’ night out as it is for game day (you need to balance out all those salty chips and dips!). A group of our neighbors spent the weekend at a historic hotel south of Indianapolis, and I brought along this chocolate chip cookie dough dip for our midnight snack. My friends went nuts for it!
Here are a couple of hints for making this dessert dip.
- PRO-Tip: Make sure your cream cheese and butter are at room temperature. It will be much easier to mix if they’re not fresh from the refrigerator.
- I like to buy whole Heath Bars and chop them myself. If you’d prefer, you can buy bagged toffee bits.
- You can serve it with any cookie to use as a dipper. Graham crackers, vanilla wafers, chocolate wafers, and even homemade cookies will work.
- I also like to offer sturdy fruit slices like apples or pears for a slightly healthier option. And if you’re a sweet and salty fan, try pretzel knots or snaps!
Frequently Asked Questions
We make it healthier to eat than regular cookie dough by eliminating the chance of food poisoning from raw eggs or raw flour. But it’s a high-calorie, high-fat treat, so it’s not considered healthy, just safer.
Do not use raw eggs in your dip. Instead, the combination of cream cheese, butter, sugar, and vanilla comes close to the texture of raw dough. Do not use raw flour. This cookie dough dip doesn’t contain flour, but this is another reason not to indulge in regular cookie dough. But this cookie dough dip IS safe.
PRO-Tip: If wanting to eat regular cookie dough, cooking the flour first will make it safe. Spread your flour on a baking sheet and place it in a preheated 350º oven for 5 minutes. The flour should reach 160º which is hot enough to kill the bacteria.
Cookies make great dippers. Biscoff cookies, vanilla wafers, graham crackers, chocolate chip cookies and more will work well. Firm fruit like apples can be sliced for a healthy dipping option.
With cream cheese as an ingredient, cookie dough dip should not be left out at room temperature for longer than 2 hours. After that, cover and keep in the refrigerator.
It should freeze well, though I haven’t tested it. Freeze for up to 2 months in an airtight container, and defrost overnight in the refrigerator.
As long as there is no double-dipping going on, which could contaminate the dip, it should be safe to consume for up to 4 days. Note that if it was left at room temperature for longer than 2 hours, it should be tossed.
Yes, this recipe is easily adaptable. Replace the toffee bits with M&Ms or other small candies, sprinkles, or even crushed cookies. Just use your imagination!
You May Also Like:
- Cookie Dough Lush from Wine and Glue
- No-Bake Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwiches from In Katrina’s Kitchen
- Cookie Dough Cheese Ball
- Cookie Dough Billionaire Bars
- Easy S’mores Dessert Dip
- More Dessert Recipes
Cookie Dough Dip Recipe
This dessert dip is one of the easiest, most delicious treats you could imagine! It's a safe way to indulge in cookie dough.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 4 Heath bars (1.4 ounces each), chopped
- With a hand mixer, cream cheese, and butter. Add vanilla and mix to combine. Add sugars and mix until incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips and Heath chunks.
- Serve with sliced apples, Biscoff cookies, or favorite cookies.
Adapted from Add a Pinch.
Don't leave out at room temperature for longer than 2 hours.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 188Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 77mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 2g
Calories are for dip only. The cound will increase depending on the dippers you use.
116 Comments on “Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip”
So into dips for night ime snacking!!!!!!! So pinned accordingly! 🙂
My kids couldn’t stop eating this!! So good and easy to make!
What a lovely fall dip. I can see, I mean, hear this dip calling my name from the refrigerator every time I walked by. I also love cookie dough, always have so this dip would be right up my alley too.
This cookie looks so delicious – perfect quite dessert for the holiday season (Or all year round.) And it’s also super versatile, so you can use whatever toppings you fancy.
I am convinced this is easier to get addicted to than most illegal drugs! So so so good!
This is so fantastic! Just hand me a spoon and I’ll be happy!
This cookie dough dip looks ahhmazing! Such a fun party dip for the holidays!
I have made a slightly different version of this but it was only chocolate chip. I love the addition of the Heath bars for that extra flavor!
I love cookie dough in any form, so this may need to be made in my home very soon!
Can you believe I’ve never made or indulged in cookie dough dip? Shameful I know and it’s high time I did something about it!
Don’t think I could wait until midnight to dip into this scrumptious cookie dough yumminess…Biscoff is a grrrrreat choice!
You had me at chocolate chunks!
This looks like a huge crowd pleaser, Liz!
Good God, Woman! Is this breakfast, lunch dinner or snack? Well it coud be everything, at least until I’m finished!
Love this so much!
What a fun recipe Liz…I am loving the idea of dipping cookies into this chocolate chip cookie dip…fantastic!
Have a wonderful week 🙂