Chocolate chip cookie dough dip is the perfect dessert for cookie dough lovers! Whether or not you indulge in cookie dough when you’re baking, you’ll fall hard for this sweet dip recipe!
I’m republishing this recipe from 2012. It deserves a second look!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
I love cookie dough as much or more than cookies! Many times I’ve made the huge sacrifice of giving up cookie dough for the long, long 40 days of Lent.
The hubby gives me “that look” when he sees me eating raw cookie dough. I usually roll my eyes right back at him, telling him I’ve been doing this for decades! I wish 40 days of deprivation would rid me of this not so healthy habit, but it doesn’t. (By the way, you can’t really become immune to salmonella, darn it!).
With my metabolism slowing as I age (gasp), I don’t think spoonfuls of the mixture of butter, sugar and raw eggs are the best thing for my waistline either. But that doesn’t mean that I must totally deprive myself. So when I saw a recipe for Cookie Dough Dip, I knew I’d have to test it.
Easy Sweet Dip Recipe
There are gobs of dessert dip recipes around the web. This Dunkaroo Dip is basically 3 ingredients! Can you see why this category of sweets is so popular???
My cookie dough dip recipe is simple and fabulous. Butter, cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla are mixed together, then Heath bar chunks and chocolate chips are added. I served this with Biscoff cookies and apple slices.
A group of our neighbors spent the weekend at a historic hotel south of Indianapolis, and I brought along this chocolate chip cookie dough dip for our midnight snack. My friends went nuts for this, so I bumped my favorite meatloaf off today’s post so you could enjoy, too!
More Cookie Dough Recipes You’ll Love:
- No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars from The View From Great Island
- Cookie Dough Cheese Ball
- Cookie Dough Lush from Wine and Glue
- No Bake Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwiches from In Katrina’s Kitchen
- Cookie Dough Billionaire Bars
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
This is one of the easiest desserts you’ll ever make! It’s just as appropriate for a girls’ night out as it is for game day (you need to balance out all those salty chips and dips!). Here are a couple hints for making this dessert dip.
- Make sure your cream cheese and butter are at room temperature. It will be much easier to mix they’re not fresh from the refrigerator.
- I like to buy whole Heath Bars and chop them myself. If you’d prefer, you can buy bagged toffee bits.
- You can serve with any cookie to use as a dipper, vanilla wafers, chocolate wafers, even homemade cookies.
- I also like to offer fruit slices for a slightly healthier option.
Here are some things you may need to make this easy dip recipe:
- Le Creuset Medium Spatula
- KitchenAid 9-Speed Hand Mixer
- Measuring Cups and Spoons, Set of 8
- Biscoff Cookies
Cookie Dough Dip
This dessert dip is one of the easiest, most delicious treats you could imagine! Adapted from Add a Pinch.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 16 servings
- Category: Dessert, Dip
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 4 Heath bars (1.4 ounces), chopped
- With a hand mixer, cream cheese and butter. Add vanilla and mix to combine. Add sugars and mix till all incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips and Heath chunks
- Serve with sliced apples, Biscoff cookies or favorite cookies.