Easy S’mores Dessert Dip
Whether for game day, a night with girlfriends, or a sweet, easy treat for your family, this Easy S’mores Dessert Dip will hit the spot! This twist on an iconic campfire treat takes just minutes to make and everyone will beg for the recipe!!
Much as I enjoyed toasting s’mores as a kid, this S’mores Dip Recipe is SO much tastier. And no charred, molten marshmallows needed.
Why You Must Make
- This easy s’mores dessert dip is only 3 ingredients and is perfect for game day, summer parties, afterschool snacks, and more.
- Dessert Dips are a fun, interactive way to gather with your guests or family.
- It’s perfect for the summer holidays, plus it’s easier and less messy than making traditional s’mores over your grill or campfire.
Year after year, my parents, 3 sisters, and I piled into our unairconditioned Plymouth Satellite station wagon and drove across Iowa, Nebraska, and over the Rockies in Colorado to spend a couple of weeks in a quiet, picturesque ski town for our summer vacation.
It was a given we’d grill brats or burgers over a wood fire at a couple of our favorite picnic sites: the Maroon Bells and the grottos. We’d gather perfect s’mores grilling sticks for our marshmallows, catch a few on fire, and were all a sticky mess when it was time to leave the campsite.
How to Make
- Mix together the cream cheese and marshmallow cream.
- Add the fudge sauce mix and taste. Add more fudge sauce if desired.
- Scrape into a serving bowl, garnish, and dig in!
There is nothing complicated involved when putting together this s’mores dip recipe! But a few recommendations will make it a breeze to prepare.
- First, purchase quality ingredients. I like Kraft Marshmallow Creme. There are probably some generic brands around, but play it safe and buy the Kraft.
- Also, buy a quality fudge sauce. With only 3 ingredients in this recipe, all must be the best available to you. Read the label and the fewer artificial ingredients, the better. Chocolate should be at the top of the list!
- Use a mixer, not a whisk to combine the ingredients. Marshmallow cream is very sticky and you’ll be frustrated trying to incorporate it by hand.
- Have your cream cheese at room temperature or it will be hard to get the dip nice and smooth. I like to set it out on the counter about an hour before mixing. It can also be taken out of the box and immersed in warm water to speed up the process.
- Then serve it with your favorite dippers like the classic graham crackers, Teddy Grahams (do they still make those??), chocolate chip cookies, vanilla wafers, Fudge sticks, etc.
- Garnish to up the experience and presentation, especially if serving to guests. I like using mini chocolate chips and mini marshmallows.
Frequently Asked Questions
S’mores is a contraction, or shortened form, of the phrase “Some More.” Legend is that when this campfire treat was first tried, fans asked for s’more.
A recipe for S’mores was first published in a cookbook in the 1920s where it was called a Graham Cracker Sandwich. But it was already a well-established treat with both the Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts before this time. In 1927, the recipe for Some More was published in Tramping and Trailing with the Girl Scouts. Via Wikipedia.
S’mores have always been made of 3 simple ingredients: A campfire roasted or toasted marshmallow, part of a milk chocolate bar, and two graham crackers. Skewers or sticks are also needed for toasting the marshmallows.
You May Also Like:
- Dessert Fruit Dip from In Katrina’s Kitchen
- S’mores Fudge Bars
- S’mores Brownies,
- S’mores Cookie Cake
- Tagalong Dip
- Cookie Dough Dip
- S’mores Brownies with Graham Cracker Crust
- More Easy Dessert Recipes
Stay in touch through social media @ Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Don’t forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes! And if you love the results, please give it a 5-star rating in the recipe card. Note: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Visit my Amazon Store for my favorite products.
- 1 package cream cheese (8 ounces) at room temperature
- 1 jar marshmallow creme, 7 ounces
- ½-1 cup fudge sauce, homemade or store bought
- Graham crackers, chocolate chip cookies, to serve
- Mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, to garnish, optional
- In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese and marshmallow creme until combined.
- Add ½ cup fudge sauce and mix until incorporated. Taste and add more fudge sauce if you'd like a more intense chocolate flavor.
- Scrape into a serving bowl and sprinkled with mini marshmallows and chocolate chips if desired.
- Serve with graham crackers or chocolate chip cookies.
Perfect for summer parties!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 213Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 108mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 1gSugar: 26gProtein: 2g