Peanut ButterTagalong Dip
Who can resist luscious creamy peanut butter and chocolate treat? This spectacular Peanut Butter Tagalong Dip mimics the classic flavors of the famous Girl Scout cookies! If you love chocolate and peanut butter, you’ll love this dip!
Peanut Butter Tagalong Dip
I love it when my fondness for reading and cooking coincide. Hosting my book club each year is such an occasion—and the perfect opportunity to test out new recipes.
Thank goodness my friends are willing to be my guinea pigs. This group of bright, articulate, and caring women has been meeting monthly since my youngest, Nick, was 3 years old. He’s now a junior in college.
We’ve been through lots of life’s milestones together, as well as loads of books, food, and, of course, wine. Over the next month or so, I’ll share many of the sweet and savory dishes I served. For those of you fellow bibliophiles, here is a list of the books we’ve read over the last two decades. Since March 25th was Chocolate Peanut Butter Day, I knew I’d need to serve a decadent treat using this classic combination.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Dip
We are a house divided when it comes to this classic combination of flavors. My two oldest love everything Reese’s, where Nick and the hubby like their peanut butter on sandwiches only.
I’m in the former category, so I have been antsy to make another dessert dip after the success of my Cookie Dough Dip a couple of years ago. The concept was quite similar, mixing butter, sugar, and cream cheese. But adding some creamy peanut butter and mini chocolate chips provided the quintessential combination.
My version was flavored with a modicum of peanut butter, perfect for my palate. Feel free to taste, then add another 1/4 cup or more for a stronger peanut butter flavor. Vanilla wafers and Tagalong cookies were used as dippers, but graham crackers would also suffice. If you’re on Team Chocolate and Peanut Butter, you’ll swoon when you taste this chocolate peanut butter Tagalong Dip.
My family also loves this Peanut Butter Chocolate Mousse Cake, these Homemade Reese’s Bars, Peanut Butter Cookie Cups, and these Rolo Peanut Blossoms. I think you will, too!
More Amazing Chocolate Peanut Butter Recipes
If you are a fan of Reese’s or any dessert with the combination of chocolate and peanut butter, you’d better check out all these terrific treats! From cookies to bars to cakes and more, there’s certain to be something you’ll want to make!
- Peanut Butter Filled Chocolate Lava Cakes by Anita from Hungry Couple
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies by Diane from Created by Diane
- Best Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Pie
- Peanut Butter Bark
- Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies
- More Dessert Recipes
A dessert dip with the classic flavors of the chocolate-peanut butter cookie made famous by the Girl Scouts.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (add up to 1/4 cup more for more intense peanut butter flavor)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1-1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Mini peanut butter cups, to garnish
- Cookies and/or graham crackers to serve
- With hand held mixer, whip together cream cheese and butter till smooth. Add peanut butter and mix till combined. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Garnish with mini-peanut butter cups or more mini chocolate chips, if desired. Serve with cookies of your choice as dippers.
Updated to give a range of peanut butter amounts for those who want a more intense peanut butter flavor. Start with the smallest amount, taste, then add more to taste.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 356Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 225mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 19gProtein: 5g
63 Comments on “Peanut ButterTagalong Dip”
THIS DIP IS A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.!