S’mores Cookie Cake: A marvelous cookie cake with all the amazing flavors of your favorite campfire treat! Perfect for picnics and parties any time of year.
The cookie base is enhanced by graham cracker crumbs plus chocolate chips, then after it’s baked a milk chocolate ganache and mini marshmallow complete the classic s’mores trio!
S’mores Cookie Cake
S’mores remind me of our idyllic family vacations to Aspen, Colorado each summer. We’d take killer hikes, window shop all the exclusive boutiques, sit in the grass outside the Aspen Music Festival tent listening to practice, and we’d picnic along the Roaring Fork River.
The kids were in charge of finding kindling and my dad would start a crackling campfire. We’d grill brats, munch on chips and eagerly await the next course. The scent of a pine forest still evokes memories of our meals at Maroon Lake with the breathtaking Bells in the background or the Grottos along Independence Pass. And also of those s’mores we toasted for dessert. It’s not a surprise my family was gung-ho for this S’mores Cookie Cake.
S’mores Desserts in Vogue
Fast forward to 2012 where S’mores bars and cookies are de rigueur. I decided to go one step further and make a cookie cake. I took the base I’ve used for S’mores cookies, baked it, topped it with milk chocolate ganache, followed by mini marshmallows which were browned with the broiler. Even Katie, the pickiest family member loved these. So for your summer picnic, take along the epitome of the American dessert, a S’mores Cookie Cake. And when that disappears, this Easy S’mores Dessert Dip is another family favorite!
More Recipes You’ll Love:
- Easy S’more Cookies from The Cookie Rookie
- S’mores Fudge Bars
- S’mores Cookie Cups from Inside Bru Crew Life
- Skillet S’mores Dip
- Peanut Butter S’mores in a Jar from Taste and Tell
S’mores Cookie Cake
A cookie cake with all the delicious flavors of s’mores
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 22 mins
- Total Time: 52 minutes
- Yield: 16 servings
- Category: Dessert. Cookie
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 12 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 375º. Line 14 inch deep dish pizza pan with foil and spray with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugars, then mix in eggs and vanilla. Slowly mix in flour, graham cracker crumbs, salt and baking soda till well incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.
- With an offset spatula, smooth dough into prepared pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- Melt milk chocolate and cream together and stir till smooth. To use the microwave, stop and stir at 30-second increments till smooth. You may need to whisk the mixture to get all the chocolate bits to melt. Allow to cool slightly and spread over crust, stopping about ½ inch from the edge. Put in fridge to allow chocolate to cool.
- Sprinkle mini marshmallows over chocolate. Broil about 6 inches from the element for 2-3 minutes till marshmallows are light golden brown. Watch carefully to prevent burning. Cool. Run a knife under very hot water, then dry to slice.
Show Me What You Got~