An easy, decadent summer dessert, this Skillet S’mores Dip will delight the kid in you! This is the perfect way to enjoy all the flavors of the classic s’mores when there’s no campfire!
I’d seen recipes for this sort of dip floating around the Internet—mostly composed of just a bag of chocolate chips and some larger or jumbo marshmallows. I decided to make a ganache instead, adding just one more step to an already easy peasy recipe.
So cream and chocolate were melted together in a skillet, followed by a layer of marshmallows which were toasted with a short stint under the broiler. Graham crackers were used as dippers for the classic s’mores experience. My gang all gave their seal of approval.
Fourth of July Treat
I shared this s’mores dip with my neighbors on the 4th of July. Some spooned the dip on their crackers, others used two graham crackers to make a more traditional s’mores sandwich.
Truly a classic American summer treat whether you toast your marshmallows over a campfire or broil them to a golden brown. I gently reheated the leftovers in the oven and the boys hovered over the skillet with spoons. Nick, after some deep thought, surmised that this dip was even better than regular s’mores. I call that a success!
You Might Like:
Skillet S’mores Dip
A S’mores dip made in a skillet!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Total Time: 11 minutes
- Yield: 16 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 2 cups chocolate chips, semi-sweet or milk chocolate (or use 12 ounces semi-sweet or milk chocolate, chopped)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Large marshmallows, about 50 (will vary depending on size of your skillet)
- Graham crackers, separated, to use as dippers.
- Place cream and chocolate chips into a heat-safe bowl and microwave, stopping and stirring frequently, till almost completely melted. Let sit on the counter for a minute, stir till smooth.
- Pour into the bottom of a 9-inch cast-iron skillet. Alternatively, gently melt the chocolate chips and cream over low heat in the skillet. Stir till smooth.
- Preheat broiler. Cover surface of chocolate ganache with marshmallows. Broil for 1-5 minutes till marshmallows are toasted. Do not walk away from your oven or you topping may burn. Time depends on how close your pan is to the heating element.
If you see typos or omissions, blame it on little Miss Izzy. She’s 3 1/2 months old and keeps me on my toes all.day.long!!
Check out this post for Easy Indoors S’mores Dip 3 Ways from my friend Kelly of Life Made Sweeter for more inspiration!
Here’s a Small Batch S’mores Dip recipe from the original creator of this amazing treat!
And my friend, Danielle, has another decadent version on Hugs & Cookies XOXO.
And find more delicious summer desserts on my Delectable Desserts Pin Board.