Pumpkin French Toast with Mascarpone Whipped Cream
Pumpkin French Toast is a delicious brunch recipe! If you make a recipe that leaves you with leftover pumpkin puree, this delectable, seasonal French toast is a great way to use it!!!
Pumpkin French Toast
I baked up a Pumpkin Toffee Coffeecake for a brunch last month. It only utilized 1 cup of pumpkin puree so, once again, I had a partial can left over. Though I would love a grab and go breakfast like these tempting Pumpkin Oat Breakfast Cookies, the picky hubby only eats his oats in old fashioned oatmeal. He also snubs all my pumpkin recipes, except our annual Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie. I wasn’t optimistic about his response when I decided to make this pumpkin French toast. A small batch was required under the circumstances.
Mascarpone Whipped Cream
Smothered in maple syrup and topped with a dollop of dreamy mascarpone whipped cream, I made a pumpkin convert out of Bill with the French toast. I thought the flavor was magnificent as well! Redolent with autumnal spices, pumpkin French toast would be a perfect breakfast for your Thanksgiving company.
Just pick up a loaf of challah and some half and half (yes, you can use milk, but for a special treat, go the extra mile!). If you love pumpkin pie and French toast, I guarantee you’ll adore this glorious breakfast treat as much as we did! Plus a generous spoonful of creamy topping makes for an elegant presentation.
To make this Pumpkin Bread French Toast You Might Like:
More Autumnal Recipes You’ll Love:
- Country Cinnamon Apple Dumplings from Wishes and Dishes
- Brown Sugar Apple Bread
- Apple Fritter Cinnamon Roll Bake from Crazy for Crust
- Apple Cinnamon Rolls
- 25+ Pumpkin Recipes for Breakfast from Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- 4 slices of bread, sliced about ½-inch thick, challah preferred
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup half and half (milk may be substituted)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons of pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon of allspice
- A grate or two of fresh nutmeg or pinch of ground nutmeg
- Butter, to saute the French toast
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone cream
- Maple syrup
- Whisk together egg, half and half, sugar, pumpkin, vanilla, and spices in a shallow dish.
- Heat butter in saute pan.
- Dip bread in pumpkin mixture, then flip and dip the other side.
- Add to saute pan and cook until lightly browned, flip and repeat on the other side.
- Make mascarpone cream by beating all ingredients together until firm peaks form.
- To serve, top with maple syrup and a dollop of mascarpone whipped cream.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 307Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 117mgSodium: 188mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 7g