Honey Garlic Chicken Sliders Honey Garlic Chicken Sliders topped with slaw are packed full of flavor and make a terrific game day snack or scrumptious weeknight dinner!
Just toss a few ingredients into your crock-pot and wait for the amazing aroma to envelope your kitchen! This easy Asian Chicken Sandwich Recipe will be a hit with the whole family.
Honey Garlic Chicken Sliders
We’re all short on time and inspiration when it comes to dinner recipes. When I spied this recipe for Asian Chicken Sliders, I knew I had to make it. Shredded, flavorful chicken is paired with a cabbage slaw and served on slider buns. Perfect light dinner for me, but the hubby needed more than one!
Asian Chicken Sandwich Recipe
Making the chicken filling in the slow cooker is a super easy, hands-off way to prepare a meal. Soy sauce, hoisin sauce, chili sauce, garlic, honey, and more add amazing flavor during the 4+ hours of cooking time. All it takes from there is shredding the Asian chicken and topping the slider buns with a simple slaw and the chicken. Perfect for a delicious weeknight meal.
The only tweak I did to this recipe was to replace the hoisin with oyster sauce as I don’t like the smoky flavor of the former. Either work well depending on your palate. I also used regular soy sauce instead of the low sodium, but again, it depends on your palate. The finished result wasn’t overly salty, so go with your preference.
The Asian Slow Cooker
I was given a preview copy of The Asian Slow Cooker (affiliate link) and immediately fell in love with all the delectable slow cooker recipes!! Kelly, the author, has been a long time blogger friend and I’m thrilled for the release of her first cookbook. She’s taken her favorite childhood recipes and adapted them for today’s busy cook. Who doesn’t need some new slow cooker recipes for the long, cold winter months??? Make sure to pop over to her blog, Life Made Sweeter, to see some of her amazing desserts and more.
More Sandwich and Slider Recipes:
- Turkey Sliders
- Breakfast Sliders Recipe
- Corned Beef Sliders
- Cuban Sandwich
- Pressed Brick Sandwich
- More Entree Recipes
- 1 1/2 pounds (683 g) skinless, bone-in chicken thighs or chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup (59 ml) low sodium soy sauce (I used regular)
- 3 tablespoons (48 g) hoisin sauce (I used oyster sauce)
- 3 tablespoons (48 g) Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) balsamic glaze
- 2 tablespoons (42 g) honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 cup (50 g) shredded Napa cabbage
- 1/2 cup (50 g) shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup (15 g) thinly shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup (15 g) thinly sliced red bell pepper (my addition)
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 12 Slider buns
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Sriracha (optional)
- Sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- Place the chicken directly into the bottom of the slow cooker. Combine the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, chili sauce, balsamic glaze,honey, garlic and onion, and pour evenly over the chicken. Cook on low for 4 to 5 hours. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and shred into thin strips with two forks. (I mixed some of the sauce with the shredded chicken to help keep it moist).
- While the chicken is cooking, combine the Napa cabbage, red cabbage, carrots, red bell pepper (if using), rice vinegar and sugar in a large bowl. Cover and store in the fridge until ready to use.
- Divide the shredded chicken evenly among the slider buns. Layer with some slaw, cilantro and add a drizzle of Sriracha and sesame seeds, if desired.
Serving Size:2 sliders
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 398Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 709mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 5gSugar: 22gProtein: 23g