Gooey, tasty and portable, these Ham, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sliders are fun for tailgates, family brunches, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day and more!
Layers of baked scrambled eggs, salty deli ham and Provolone cheese are baked in soft Hawaiian buns for a yummy twist on a fast food breakfast sandwich!
Ham, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sliders
When chatting with a girlfriend who has sons who played football through college, she raved about some breakfast sliders she ate at a tailgate. Ham, eggs, cheese and spinach were all in that version, and I immediately knew my family would also be fast fans of this better than McMuffin breakfast. If you’re looking for more ideas for tailgating, check out all these awesome Game Day Snacks, too.
How to Make Breakfast Sliders
Of course, these sliders are very adaptable. I’ve seen them made with pan scrambled eggs instead of baked scrambled eggs, all sorts of meats and cheeses, plus bonus layers like the spinach I forgot to include! Here are a few tips:
- Bake or scramble your eggs. And feel free to use a dozen eggs instead of 9 if you’d like, but you will need to up the baking time a bit if you bake them in a sheet pan.
- Cooked and crumbled bacon or sausage are also great alternatives to ham.
- Any good melty cheese will work like cheddar, mozzarella, Monterey jack or Cojack.
- If you don’t want to drizzle with the butter mixture in the recipe, making garlic butter instead would be delicious!
- PRO-Tip: Did you know you can make these breakfast sliders ahead and freeze for later? Just pop them into a freezer Ziploc bag, remove as much air as possible, and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To serve, just bake frozen sliders for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted.
More Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love:
This Make Ahead Creme Brulee French Toast made me famous at my kids’ elementary school, it’s SO good! Plus my Bacon and Egg Strata is one of the hubby’s favorites. And these Make Ahead Breakfast Enchiladas have caught my attention! Or just make your rendition of these yummy Ham, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sliders.
- 9 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (12 count) package Hawaiian bread rolls
- 12 slices provolone cheese, or as needed6 slices deli ham, or as needed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
Grease a quarter sheet pan and set aside. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour into sheet pan and bake for 12-15 minutes or until set.
Remove eggs from oven and let cool.
Layer in this order:
- Cut rolls in half horizontally. Place bottom half of the rolls, cut side up, in a rimmed baking dish. Feel free to line the dish with parchment for easy cleanup.
- Layer half the provolone over the bottom half of the rolls.
- Cut the sheet pan eggs in half and place both over the provolone, trimming as needed.
- Layer on the ham, the rest of the Provolone cheese, then add the the top half of the rolls.
Melt the butter, then mix in the sugar, mustard and poppy seeds. Brush over the top of the rolls.
Decrease oven temperature to 350 degrees. Cover sliders with foil and bake about 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Slice apart individual sliders to serve.