Best Holiday Side Dish Recipes
The Best Holiday Side Dish Recipes to shake up your menu! Get out of your rut with a delicious new dish!
Find delicious Christmas, Easter, and Thanksgiving Sides to round out your holiday meals!
Best Holiday Side Dish Recipes
There are a few times a year when it’s perfectly kosher to indulge. Thanksgiving, for example. What other day of the year would you have SO many carbs on the menu??? Stuffing, potatoes, corn casserole, dinner rolls, desserts? So it’s the perfect time to try new recipes, and that’s why I’m bringing you the best holiday side dish recipes from my blog and from some blogger friends. I also have some terrific Thanksgiving dessert recipes that would work for other holidays, too.
Let’s start with my favorite, Fruit Salads. Most are more like desserts with whipped cream and marshmallows. My oldest has been known to eat a huge bowl of leftovers for breakfast. You know that fruit =healthy, right? Well, maybe not.
Holiday Fruit Salad (this recipe has been in my family for 5 generations!)
Cranberry Fluff Salad (A classic that both my mom and mother-in-law loved to serve)
Green salads aren’t always on our holiday menu, but they do make you feel a little more virtuous when you go for seconds of this versus mashed potatoes and gravy!
Strawberry Spinach Pomegranate Feta Salad with my most favorite Balsamic Vinaigrette
Hot Holiday Side Dishes
Spinach Souffle (a MUST have dish for Katie)
Easy Sauteed Brussels Sprouts (My dad asked for leftovers for breakfast and he’s not even a fan of Brussels sprouts!)
Easy Asian Green Beans (My mom has been making these yummy beans since the ’70’s!)
Holiday Bread and Potatoes
French Potato Gratin (an exquisite version of scalloped potatoes!)
More Holiday Side Dishes You’ll Love:
Here are more fabulous Thanksgiving and Christmas side dishes to explore! If you’re toying with trying a new turkey recipe, check out How to Brine a Turkey for a delicious alternative to roasting!
- Best Mashed Potatoes Recipe from A Spicy Perspective
- Perfect Mashed Potatoes from A Family Feast
- Loaded Twice Baked Potato Casserole from Dinners, Dishes & Desserts
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Casserole from Chelsea’s Messy Apron
- Quick and Easy Sweet Potato Biscuits from Bless This Mess
- Glazed Sweet Potatoes with Honey Whiskey Pecans from Well Plated
- Green Bean Casserole Recipe (with No Canned Soup) from Rachel Cooks
- Fresh Green Beans with Bacon and Sliced Almonds from Boulder Locavore
- Old-Fashioned Creamed Corn Casserole from Wishes and Dishes
- Creamed Corn with Peppers and Bacon from Barefeet in the Kitchen
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts Recipe with Pistachios, Cranberries & Parmesan from Cookin’ Canuck
- Guaranteed Crispy BAKED Sweet Potato Fries from Foodie with Family
- Bourbon Maple Glazed Carrots
- Holiday Roasted Asparagus with Red Pepper and Gorgonzola from Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Haricot Verts with Grape Tomatoes
- Sauteed Cabbage Recipe
- Best Fresh Cranberry Grape Walnut Salad from Reluctant Entertainer
- Fall Harvest Salad from A Beautiful Plate
- Wild Rice Salad with Cranberries and Nuts from The View from Great Island
- Cheesecake Apple Salad from Crazy for Crust
- Warm Brussels Sprout Salad with Crispy Goat Cheese from Fifteen Spatulas
- Apple Cherry Walnut Salad with Maple Dressing
Stuffings and Starches:
- Wild Rice Stuffing from TidyMom
- Crock Pot Stuffing from Spend with Pennies
- Best Sausage Stuffing Recipe with Cranberries from It’s Yummi
- How to Make Perfect Mashed Potatoes from A Mind “Full” Mom
- Gouda Bacon Macaroni and Cheese from Shugary Sweets
- The Perfect Dinner Rolls from Your Home Based Mom
- Favorite Dinner Rolls from Barbara Bakes
- Easy 90-Minute Rolls from Saving Room for Desserts