Best Holiday Side Dish Recipes
The Best Holiday Side Dish Recipes to shake up your menu! Get out of your rut with a delicious new dish!
Find delicious Christmas, Easter, and Thanksgiving Sides to round out your holiday meals!
Why You Must Make
There are a few times a year when it’s perfectly kosher to indulge. Thanksgiving, for example. What other day of the year would you have SO many carbs on the menu??? Stuffing, potatoes, corn casserole, dinner rolls, desserts?
- The holiday season is the perfect time to try new recipes!, and that’s why
- I’m bringing you the best holiday side dish recipes from my blog and from some blogger friends.
- Plus, make sure to check out these terrific Thanksgiving dessert recipes that would work for other holidays, too.
Holiday Fruit Salads, Green Salads, Hot Side Dishes, Bread & Potatoes
You May Also Like:
Here are more fabulous Thanksgiving and Christmas side dishes to explore! If you’re toying with trying a new turkey recipe, check out How to Brine a Turkey for a delicious alternative to roasting!
- Best Mashed Potatoes Recipe from A Spicy Perspective
- Perfect Mashed Potatoes from A Family Feast
- Loaded Twice Baked Potato Casserole from Dinners, Dishes & Desserts
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Casserole from Chelsea’s Messy Apron
- Quick and Easy Sweet Potato Biscuits from Bless This Mess
- Glazed Sweet Potatoes with Honey Whiskey Pecans from Well Plated
- Green Bean Casserole Recipe (with No Canned Soup) from Rachel Cooks
- Fresh Green Beans with Bacon and Sliced Almonds from Boulder Locavore
- Old-Fashioned Creamed Corn Casserole from Wishes and Dishes
- Creamed Corn with Peppers and Bacon from Barefeet in the Kitchen
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts Recipe with Pistachios, Cranberries & Parmesan from Cookin’ Canuck
- Guaranteed Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries from Foodie with Family
- Holiday Roasted Asparagus with Red Pepper and Gorgonzola from Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Bourbon Maple Glazed Carrots
- Haricot Verts with Grape Tomatoes
- Sauteed Cabbage Recipe
- Best Fresh Cranberry Grape Walnut Salad from Reluctant Entertainer
- Fall Harvest Salad from A Beautiful Plate
- Wild Rice Salad with Cranberries and Nuts from The View from Great Island
- Cheesecake Apple Salad from Crazy for Crust
- Warm Brussels Sprout Salad with Crispy Goat Cheese from Fifteen Spatulas
- Apple Cherry Walnut Salad with Maple Dressing
Stuffings, Bread, Potatoes:
- Wild Rice Stuffing from TidyMom
- Crock Pot Stuffing from Spend with Pennies
- Best Sausage Stuffing Recipe with Cranberries from It’s Yummi
- How to Make Perfect Mashed Potatoes from A Mind “Full” Mom
- Gouda Bacon Macaroni and Cheese from Shugary Sweets
- The Perfect Dinner Rolls from Your Home Based Mom
- Favorite Dinner Rolls from Barbara Bakes
- Easy 90-Minute Rolls from Saving Room for Desserts
Cranberries and More:
- Best Ever Cranberry Sauce from Mom on Timeout
- Fresh Cranberry Orange Sauce from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Thanksgiving Favorites From Valerie’s Kitchen
18 Comments on “Best Holiday Side Dish Recipes”
these are some great side dishes i’ve ever seen. i usually have appetizers and all for holidays but now i’m looking forward to make these side dishes in future for holidays.
I’m all about the sides! And I do love ambrosia!
You’ve thought of everything dear friend and those fruit salads would satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth.
Such a huge list and most of these are my favorite recipes anytime!
These all look so good! This is my third thanksgiving in America – it’s quickly shaping up to be my fave holiday !
I love Thanksgiving, too! Hope you had a marvelous holiday, Erin!!!
Dear Lizzy, All delicious!
Wishing you a very Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving ! xoxo Catherine
So many gorgeous holiday dishes in this post, Liz! All varieties of those homemade rolls made me drool!! Thanks for such a wonderful post!
Sides are my favorite!!!
Scrolling through this post made me so hungry!! What a great line-up of sides. Sometimes I think the sides actually make the meal, don’t you? Great job Liz!
Wow, you did a beautiful job on this! So many good ideas, thanks for including me!
What a great round-up of sides. Love those retro “fluff” salads! 🙂 Happy Thanksgiving, Liz!
This is such a wonderful collection of sides. I enjoy my sides, skip the main and go directly to desserts.
Wow, you know I love the sides more than anything else in a holiday meal, I’m in heaven!
Great roundup of holiday inspiration! That spinach soufflé is calling my name 🙂
Thank you Liz for a wonderful collection of all the must have Thanksgiving Dishes!!! And for including my mashed potatoes recipe 🙂
I need two plates please everything looks great I need to taste them all! 🙂 xo HTG!
I’ll have a hearty helping of every potato dish please:@) Everything sounds great-Happy Thanksgiving Liz-enjoy:@)