Spaghetti Carbonara is an Italian classic that’s a snap to prepare and will get rave reviews from your family! This bacon and egg pasta or spaghetti carbonara recipe is easy comfort food!
With the cooler autumn weather, our dinners have become heartier. Creamy pasta and a hot loaf of bread were perfect for a weeknight meal. Pancetta and onions were sautéed, then a bit of white wine added for flavor. The pasta was quickly tossed in this mixture before eggs and cheese were incorporated. Nothing but raves about this spaghetti carbonara. Note that the eggs may not be fully cooked, so use caution if you do not use pasteurized eggs.
When I try new dinner recipes, especially those that aren’t slabs of beef, I hold my breath when the hubby takes his first bite. He grew up in a home where pizza was about as exotic as entrees would get. I shouldn’t have worried. He was a fan instantly. Creamy, salty and hearty, this spaghetti carbonara is pure comfort food.
I have even made a smoked salmon carbonara recipe for Lent. Eliminate the pancetta and add strips of smoked salmon just before adding the pasta. It’s already cooked so does not need to be sautéed. Enjoy!!
More Pasta Recipes You’ll Love:
- Chicken Carbonara Pasta from a Dish of Daily Life
- Penne with a Quick Sausage Sauce
- Ricotta Gnocchi
- Cheesy Baked Pasta with Prosciutto
- Ricotta Lasagna
- Spaghetti with Sunday Gravy
- More Pasta Recipes
- 6 ounces pancetta, diced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup Parmesan
- 1/3 cup Romano
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook pancetta in a saucepan over medium heat for about 2 minutes. Add onion and continue cooking till onion is golden, about 10 minutes. Add wine and cook till reduced by half.
- Cook spaghetti in well-salted water till done.
- While pasta is cooking, whisk together eggs, cheeses, pepper, and salt.
- Drain pasta and add to pancetta and onion mixture. Toss well over medium heat, till well mixed. Remove from heat and add egg mixture, tossing to combine. Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Gourmet.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 572Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 193mgSodium: 639mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 22g