Chocolate lovers will find these Ganache Glazed Truffle Brownies totally irresistible! Rich and decadent, they’ll fulfill your chocolate fantasies!
Ganache Glazed Truffle Brownies
Does a blog that’s only been around a year and a half really need three recipes for truffle brownies? The most fudgy brownies topped with ganache? Ask my family and they’ll give a resounding YES.
So here goes my third truffle brownie recipe, this time they’re ganache glazed truffle brownies. They happen to be my 31st brownie recipe, and my 115th chocolate recipe. We may be a little preoccupied with chocolate. These Ganache Topped Truffle Brownies made in a cake pan are outstanding, too!
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, divided into two 6 ounce portions, each chopped
- 11 tablespoons butter, cut into 1 tablespoon chunks
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line 9 x 9-inch baking pan with non-stick foil or regular foil sprayed with cooking spray. Leave foil overhang on two sides for easy removal.
- Combine 6 ounces of the chocolate and the butter in microwave safe bowl. Microwave using 30-second increments, stirring frequently till chocolate is melted and smooth. Let cool to lukewarm, about 5-10 minutes.
- Whisk together eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt. Whisk in melted chocolate. Mix in flour. Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake for 26-28 minutes or till toothpick inserted in the center comes out with only a few moist crumbs. Place pan on rack to cool.
- Heat cream to a simmer (I used a Pyrex measuring cup in the microwave). Add remaining 6 ounces of chopped chocolate and allow to stand 5 minutes. Whisk until chocolate is melted and smooth. Pour over cooled brownies. Let ganache cool at room temperature for about 4 hours. Use knife dipped in hot water and dried to cut. I chilled before cutting.
Serving Size:1 brownie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 201 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 44mg Sodium: 62mg Carbohydrates: 23g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 18g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g