Slow Cooked Coffee Glazed Brisket
Tender, flavorful Coffee Glazed Brisket was featured in a Martha Stewart magazine and became our favorite way to eat brisket!!!
This Oven Brisket Recipe is a delicious, comforting recipe that’s perfect on a chilly night. Plus, it can also be made in your slow cooker!
Why You Must Make
- This was the first brisket recipe I ever cooked and my family fell in love with this cut of beef.
- It can be cooked slowly in the oven or in a slow cooker. Most of the recipe is hands-off.
- Besides being delicious, the whole house is filled with a tantalizing aroma as this cooks.
Brisket was not a cut of meat I grew up eating. When my friend, Joanne, had her Coffee Glazed Brisket recipe published in Martha Stewart’s Everyday Foods magazine, I knew I had to make it. Since it’s SO simple and delicious, I’ve never been tempted to try another brisket recipe.
I’ve always cooked this beef brisket recipe in a Dutch oven but decided to adapt it for a slow cooker or crockpot for those busy days. I can pop it in the slow cooker in the morning and have a stress-free meal, plus an amazing aroma wafting through the house, by dinner time. Served with mashed potatoes, this makes for a hubby-approved entree. I think “incredible” was uttered at least once on the night I served my best brisket recipe.
- Kitchen Staples – Kosher Salt, Freshly Ground Black Pepper, Garlic, Canola Oil
- Beef Brisket – Thin first cut if possible, about 3 pounds
- Freshly Brewed Coffee – Instant works well if you’re not a coffee drinker
- Ketchup – I keep Heinz brand on hand.
- Chili Sauce – Also use Heinz brand.
- Worcestershire Sauce – Adds umami, the savory sense of taste.
- Soy Sauce – Also a source of umami.
How to Make
- Heat the oil in a Dutch Oven.
- Season and Sear the Brisket.
- Make sure both sides are nicely browned.
- Mix the glaze ingredients and add to the brisket. Cover the Dutch oven and cook until tender, about 2 ½ to 3 hours, flipping it half way through the cooking time. Cool slightly, cut against the grain, and serve.
Beef Brisket in a Slow Cooker
We all have those super busy days when there’s absolutely no time to make a complicated dinner. This super simple slow cooker brisket is a marvelous option for a packed schedule. Just sear both sides of the beef, mix up the sauce ingredients, and pop both into your slow cooker. That’s it!! 8 hours later, with just one flip of the brisket half way through, dinner is served!
Frequently Asked Questions
Brisket is a cut of beef that is from the breast area under the first five ribs. There are 2 cuts: the flat cut which is more expensive and has less fat and the point cut which is more flavorful. Brisket requires a long slow cooking time to become tender.
Since brisket is a tough cut of meat, it requires a longer, slower cooking time to tenderize. It can be cooked in the oven, in a slow cooker or by indirect heat on a grill.
In a 325° oven, the brisket will be tender in 2½ to 3 hours.
- Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes are a must for a side dish
- Angel Biscuits
- Oven Roasted Asparagus
- Italian Sauteed Green Beans
- Honey Balsamic Roast Carrots
- Simple Arugula Salad
You May Also Like
- Beef Brisket Tacos | Slow Cooker from Your Homebased Mom
- Braised Cola Brisket
- Oven Braised Texas Brisket
- Rosemary Garlic Brisket
- Easy Pot Roast Recipe
- Italian Pesto Burger
- Instant Pot Beef Short Ribs
- More Beef Recipes
Stay in touch through social media @ Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Don’t forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes! And if you love the results, please give it a 5-star rating in the recipe card. Note: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Visit my Amazon Store for my favorite products.
- 3 pounds beef brisket (thin first cut if possible)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ cup freshly brewed coffee
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup chili sauce
- ½ cup honey
- ⅓ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven. Season brisket with salt and pepper. Add the brisket, and fat side down and cook until well browned, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Preheat your oven to 325º.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, place the brisket in a Dutch oven, and pour sauce over the brisket.
- Cover and bake in 325º oven for 2½-3 hours, flipping halfway through cooking time.
- Check the beef and if it shreds easily with a fork, it's done.
- Remove to a cutting board and slice against the grain.
- Place the slices back in the Dutch oven to allow slices to absorb some of the pan juices. Serve with sauce.
- Alternatively, you may cook in a slow cooker on low for 8 hours, flipping at the halfway mark.
May cook in a slow cooker or in the oven.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 837Total Fat: 46gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 240mgSodium: 940mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 32gProtein: 66g