Tender, flavorful Coffee Glazed Brisket – My friend actually had this recipe published in one of Martha Stewart’s magazines. It’s become our favorite way to eat brisket!!!
Coffee Glazed Brisket
Brisket was not a cut of meat I grew up eating. When my friend, Joanne, had her Coffee Glazed Brisket recipe published in Martha Stewart’s Everyday Foods magazine, I knew I had to make it. Since it’s SO simple and delicious, I’ve never been tempted to try another brisket recipe.
I’ve always cooked this coffee glazed brisket in a Dutch oven, but decided to adapt it for a slow cooker or crock pot for those busy days. I can pop it in the slow cooker in the morning and have a stress free meal, plus an amazing aroma wafting through the house, by dinner time. Served with mashed potatoes, this makes for a hubby approved entree. I think “incredible” was uttered at least once on the night I served this coffee glazed brisket.
Slow Cooker Recipes You’ll Want to Add to Your Menu
We all have those super busy days when there’s absolutely no time to make a complicated dinner. This super simple coffee glazed brisket is a marvelous option for a packed schedule. Just sear both sides of the beef, mix up the sauce ingredients and pop both into your slow cooker. That’s it!! 8 hours later, dinner is served!
Ease into 2014 with these terrific slow-cooker and crock pot ideas from the Sunday Supper Group! There are loads of comfort foods guaranteed to please your family. A huge thank you to Cindy, of Cindy’s Recipes and Writings, for hosting us this week.
Whet Your Appetite
- Whiskey Bacon Onion Jam from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Orange-Fig Jam from girlichef
Simmering Soups, Stews, and Side Dishes
- Chicken and Wild Rice Soup from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Low-Carb Chunky Beefy Vegetable Soup from Yours And Mine Are Ours
- Beef, Wine and Mushroom Soup from Noshing With The Nolands
- Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Soup from Foxes Love Lemons
- Beef Stew from The Foodie Army Wife
- Slow Cooker Black Bean and Polenta Stew from Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Turkey Stew from Magnolia Days
- San Antonio Chunky Chicken Stew from The Weekend Gourmet
- Pumpkin, Chickpea & Lentil Stew from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Slow Cooker Chickpeas from Shockingly Delicious
- Football Sunday Teriyaki Pulled Pork from Family Foodie
- Vegan Slow Cooker Hoppin’ John from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Slow Cooker Coffee Glazed Brisket from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chipotle Honey BBQ Ribs from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Crockpot Country Style Pork Ribs from Cooking On The Ranch
- Slow Cooker Jerk Pork from Curious Cuisiniere
- Slow Cooker Beef Daube Provencal from Momma’s Meals
- Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore from The Dinner-Mom
- Chicken and Broccoli from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Tacos de Lengua from The Texan New Yorker
- Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken & Black Beans for Tacos from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chinese Chicken from The Ninja Baker
- Slow Cooker Beef Brisket French Dip Sandwiches from Neighborfood
More Brisket Recipes You’ll Love:
- Homesick Texan’s Sunday Brisket from Country Cleaver
- Rosemary Garlic Brisket from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Beef Brisket Tacos | Slow Cooker from Your Homebased Mom
- Oven Braised Texas Brisket from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Slow Cooker Maple Cider Brisket from The View from Great Island
Used in This Recipe:
- Crock-Pot, 6-Quart Smart-Pot
- OXO Good Grips 4-Cup Fat Separator (Great for your Thanksgiving turkey gravy, too!)
- Le Creuset Cast-Iron 5-1/2-Quart Dutch Oven, Red (The splurge version!)
- Lodge Cast Iron Dutch Oven, 6-Quart, Red (The reasonably priced version that works just as well!)
You may need these supplies to make this coffee glazed brisket recipe:Print
Slow Cooker Coffee Glazed Brisket
A slow cooker beef brisket that’s pure comfort! Recipe adapted from my friend, Joanne (published in EDF Magazine)
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings 1x
- Category: Entree, Beef
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 3 pounds beef brisket (thin first cut if possible)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup freshly brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Heat oil in Dutch oven. Season brisket with salt and pepper. Add the brisket, fat side down and cook until well browned, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, place brisket in slow cooker, and pour sauce over brisket. Cook on low for 8 hours, flipping at the halfway mark, or till meat shreds easily with a fork. Remove from slow cooker and slice against the grain. Place back in slow cooker to allow slices to absorb some of the pan juices. Serve with sauce.
- Alternatively, cover and bake in 325º oven for 2½-3 hours, flipping halfway through cooking time.
Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.