Tender, flavorful Coffee Glazed Brisket – My friend actually had this recipe published in one of Martha Stewart’s magazines. It’s become our favorite way to eat brisket!!!
Coffee Glazed Brisket
Brisket was not a cut of meat I grew up eating. When my friend, Joanne, had her Coffee Glazed Brisket recipe published in Martha Stewart’s Everyday Foods magazine, I knew I had to make it. Since it’s SO simple and delicious, I’ve never been tempted to try another brisket recipe.
I’ve always cooked this coffee glazed brisket in a Dutch oven, but decided to adapt it for a slow cooker or crock pot for those busy days. I can pop it in the slow cooker in the morning and have a stress free meal, plus an amazing aroma wafting through the house, by dinner time. Served with mashed potatoes, this makes for a hubby approved entree. I think “incredible” was uttered at least once on the night I served this coffee glazed brisket.
Slow Cooker Recipes You’ll Want to Add to Your Menu
We all have those super busy days when there’s absolutely no time to make a complicated dinner. This super simple coffee glazed brisket is a marvelous option for a packed schedule. Just sear both sides of the beef, mix up the sauce ingredients and pop both into your slow cooker. That’s it!! 8 hours later, dinner is served!
- Whiskey Bacon Onion Jam from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Chicken and Wild Rice Soup from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Beef, Wine and Mushroom Soup from Noshing With The Nolands
- Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Soup from Foxes Love Lemons
- Slow Cooker Beef Brisket French Dip Sandwiches from Neighborfood
Plus I’m a huge fan of coffee desserts! Why not a whole coffee themed meal??? Yes, please to these scrumptious buttercream topped Coffee Cupcakes. This Triple Layer Cocoa Cake demonstrates how coffee enhances chocolate desserts. Mocha Ice Cream always makes me swoon and would be terrific as a sundae or served with a chocolate dessert!
More Brisket Recipes You’ll Love:
- Homesick Texan’s Sunday Brisket from Country Cleaver
- Rosemary Garlic Brisket from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Beef Brisket Tacos | Slow Cooker from Your Homebased Mom
- Oven Braised Texas Brisket from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Slow Cooker Maple Cider Brisket from The View from Great Island
- Braised Cola Brisket from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Used in This Recipe:
- Crock-Pot, 6-Quart Smart-Pot
- OXO Good Grips 4-Cup Fat Separator (Great for your Thanksgiving turkey gravy, too!)
- Le Creuset Cast-Iron 5-1/2-Quart Dutch Oven, Red (The splurge version!)
- Lodge Cast Iron Dutch Oven, 6-Quart, Red (The reasonably priced version that works just as well!)
You may need these supplies to make this coffee glazed brisket recipe:Print
Slow Cooker Coffee Glazed Brisket
A slow cooker beef brisket that’s pure comfort! Recipe adapted from my friend, Joanne (published in EDF Magazine)
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings 1x
- Category: Entree, Beef
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 3 pounds beef brisket (thin first cut if possible)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup freshly brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Heat oil in Dutch oven. Season brisket with salt and pepper. Add the brisket, fat side down and cook until well browned, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, place brisket in slow cooker, and pour sauce over brisket. Cook on low for 8 hours, flipping at the halfway mark, or till meat shreds easily with a fork. Remove from slow cooker and slice against the grain. Place back in slow cooker to allow slices to absorb some of the pan juices. Serve with sauce.
- Alternatively, cover and bake in 325º oven for 2½-3 hours, flipping halfway through cooking time.